Chapter 14 : "Time Loop"

It's been a week since all that crazy crap happened & I came back home after 2 months according to Aunt Chelsea but 2 days according to me. Trying hard to understand what was happening, I sighed in defeat & texted Maddison.

Hey. You free? I texted.

Yeah. Did something happen?

I wanted to tell her everything that's been happening around me but can't since there's a lot to risk & now after what's been happening recently, it's kind of hard for me to trust anyone.

No. Nothing. It's just that I'm bored & I want to do some shopping.

Oh my god. You just said what I had in my mind.

Great, then. I texted, cheerfully.

I'll be there in 15 minutes.

Pushing myself up from the couch, I made my way towards the kitchen.

"Alex, where's Aunt Chelsea?"

"She's supervising the new maid"

I wondered why we had to hire a new maid.

"Umm why would we need a new maid?"

"I don't know. You can ask her that yourself"

"Okay. OK I'll do that" I replied & looked over his shoulder to what he was doing. Awww that's cute. He was making himself a sandwich but looks like he couldn't do it.

"Need my help with that?" I asked, smacking him in the head.

"Ouch. What was that for?" He winced in pain & glared at me.

"That was for not asking me for help!" I looked at him with a sad look on my face.

"Step a side" I pulled him towards me & made him sit on the stool near the counter.

"I'll teach you how to make yourself a sandwich" I smiled sheepishly at him.

After making him a cheese sandwich, I relaized that it's been 30 minutes since Maddison texted but she's not here yet.

"Aunt Chelsea, I'm going to step outside for a bit. I'll be back, soon"

"You're going to take your bodyguards with you! I can't risk losing you to the wrong hands again" ugh here we go again. She's been like this for the whole damn week. She wouldn't let me go outside neither for a walk nor jogging.

"Fine. Fine. I'll take them with me" I sighed, exasperatedly. No more arguing with her. It would end me getting illogocal at the end. Well not exactly for me but for her since she doesn't know about supernatural world.

"By the way, why did you hire a new maid?" I asked her looking at the new maid doing the laundry.

"It's because the previous one disappeared without leaving a word"

"Oh"

"Here, Ruby. Do it like this" Aunt Chelsea showed our new maid who's name is Ruby, how to turn on the machine. Maybe she's never used it before.

"Here. Meet her. She's my niece, Eloise" Aunt Chelsea introduced me to Ruby to which she extended her hand surprisingly because normally the maids don't do handshakes.