Chapter 17 : "No More Secrets"

As soon as he left, I blinked a few times. I didn't know what to do! Should I laugh or cry? I mean he was just gonna kiss me but stopped & the best excuse he could think of is to tell me that he's cursed? You serious! Blushing furiously at the scene that just happened being replayed in my mind, I scoffed.

But wait what? He's cursed! What is that supposed to mean? Cursed as in how? And what type of 'CURSED'? Then it all clicked! Maybe he's cursed to touch me or maybe every person but he hugged Jason once. Then maybe he's cursed to touch every girl.

I breathed out. "I'm thinking too much!' Running my hand through my hair, I thought to myself. He didn't even let me ask him that what did he mean by saying that he's cursed? He just said that & left.

After Sebastian left, I've been lost deep in my thoughts that I didn't notice a shadow lurking near the third room on this floor. Standing under the door frame, I could have a clear view of that room on this floor.

'Why is this third room always locked?' I thought to myself.

"Because it belonged to my husband, Luis" The voice that came from right beside me, startled me.

Did I say my thoughts out loud? I really need to stop talking my thoughts out.

Looking at Isabelle, I could tell that she didn't really like to think about the bitter memories she have with Luis.

"Oh" was all I said, not wanting to ask anything further but guess she had something else in her mind.

"Follow me" I did what she told me. She lead the way towards the third room and placed a key inside the lock, opening it with a click.

As soon as she stepped inside, she turned the lights on with a flick of her fingers. I followed behind her. Taking in my surroundings, I was literally awe-strucked by the beauty of this room. The room was completely beautiful. Royal Blue curtains hung on the walls without any wrinkles on it. A grand queen sized bed sat in the middle, with four high posts and a maroon covering on top. Expensive looking red quilts adorned the bed and white coloured pillows were scattered evenly across the top. I gasped, entering the room slowly as the exquisiteness of it all was more than I ever imagined.

"This room is beautiful" I breathed out only to receive a light chuckle from Isabelle.

"This room was once Luis' and now I feel like he just never deserved this room" Isabelle spoke and showed me around.

The room had a neat wooden book shelf with lots of books in it, a nice set of chairs and a table at the centre. The couch and the chairs were covered with white cloth to prevent it from getting dirty which I already guessed. Everything here was neat and clean as if it has never been used by an individual.

"Come on, let's go to the library. I have to tell you a lot" She smiled at me and asked me to follow her to the library which I did.

-----------------------------

"So?" I said after sitting on the chair across the table in front of her.

"What is it that you want to tell me?" Moving forward, I propped my right elbow on the table and placed my chin on my palm.

"Something about the past. Some very important things that you must know" She said, staring into my eyes intensely.

"As you know that Luis is my husband. I mean Was" She took a deep breath after what she said, sounding hurt by the mere thought of that heartless man.

"Let me tell you how it all started. First, he raped me and he also killed Jonathan as you already know since it's mentioned in Jacinda's journal. But the motives behind all of his doing is something so dangerous that you can't even imagine" She closed her eyes and took another deep breath.