Chapter 12 : "Hatred"

The next day after I found out that Isabelle really is my Aunt, she decided for a proper meeting with her people which I agreed to. But I also told her that I had to go back home, it's been two days already but she said it's just been a day. I wasn't knocked out for that long. That's where the problem in my counting of the time started because I thought I was knocked out for a day. Funny, I can be. So I decided to stay here for just one more day.

She introduced me properly to her close friends & her son. Everyone responded nicely except for him. Ughh, hate him so much. Why is he even my cousin? How can he & Mia be brother-sister? They're so different. Whenever Sebastian & I are confronted, there's this hatred & awkwardness in the environment. Even Isabelle & Mia could feel it. But they just laughs it off.

I haven't seen Jason at all after he left me at Isabelle's room yesterday. I wanted to but he wasn't anywhere in sight. I was walking on the second floor with Bully by Penelope Douglas in my hands when I saw the stairs that lead to the third floor about which Jason had warned me not to even think of going there since it has Sebastian's belongings & no one goes there except for the people who're close to him but Him & I, we both know that I never listen.

I don't know what the time was right now but the palace was silent, no one was to be seen. Maybe Isabelle was in her room but Mia was nowhere, maybe she was in the study room. I made my way upstairs & I was shocked. I was literally awe struck by the captivating beauty of this place. How can a self-loving douchebag make this place look this beautiful? I guess I found the artist of the paintings that hung in every part of the palace.

This place was completely filled by paintings, different paintings with deep but happy meanings. There were only 3 rooms up here. I tried to open one but the door was locked, I went for the other & it opened. Happily, I entered & wanted to cry because of the sight that was in front of me. The beauty of this place can only be understood by an artist like me. My hobbies include Reading, Painting, Dancing & Writing. Talented? Yeah, I am.

I was in tears when I saw a proper painting studio. Mom & Dad never let me have a painting studio of my own. Instead, whenever I used to ask them for a stuido they would lecture me about how I should focus on my studies rather than focusing on something useless. For them, art was useless.

This room was my kind of paradise. On the right of the room was a shelf on which lay every kind of paint. Oil, pastels, acrylic, spray paint. There were brushes of every kind in a box near the paints. There was this big canvas & I wanted to paint on it. But since I knew who's room it was, I tried to stay away from touching things. There were origamis & pottery on the left.

When I couldn't resist the urge to paint, I picked a few brushes & oil paint. Placing my hair in a messy bun, I inched closer to the canvas, my hand started moving over the canvas. It's almost like my mind was directing my hand without me, odd perhaps, but that's the way it is.

My hand moved instinctively to the right spot, building a new picture, often one I have never seen before. In these fantastical worlds I see reflections of my own mind, the way I think, but there is something else there too. I don't know what, perhaps I just imagine it, but when I paint I feel closest to our creator and it gives me a peace I cannot find another way.

I knew I was a mess after the picture I just painted, one of the reason why my parents never allowed me to have a studio of my own. I painted the same painting in the main hall of the palace that caught my eye yesterday.

Placing the paint & brushes back, I was about to leave but to my utmost surpise, there was a sculpture of Isabelle's face. It was beautiful. Whoever made it, must be a professional or maybe Sebastian made it but what if he didn't. Mia could be the one.