23.

The clouds above us were dark grey, the sky was also dark and the window next to me was filled with water drops. I smiled to myself while blowing some air on the window, drawing with my fingers a little heart that was slowly disappearing like I hadn't even drawn it one second ago.

How I loved to go on a car drive while it was raining!

"The weather sucks" Jinjin mumbled, playing with his iron man toy.

"Don't say that kind of words, Jinwoo" Mom said on the front seat. I frowned and crossed my arms, sad.

"I told you to call him Jinjin, Mommy. That's our family nickname to him" I pouted and she turned around, smiling at my angry face. She brushed her bangs out of her face and extended her hand to me.

I sighed and gave up, giving her my hand. I couldn't ever get upset at her.

"I know you think I don't call Jinw-" She stopped, smiling and correcting herself "...Jinjin by the nickname because I don't like it. But I love everything you create, Princess. Mommy isn't just used to treat your brother like that, but I'll try harder from now on okay?"

A little smiled appeared on my face and I quickly nodded satisfied, happy to hear her say she would try to.

"And by the way, it's actually a cute nickname" She added, returning to her initial position.

"Thank you, Mommy!" I exclaimed happily, hugging my Hello Kitty plushie.  With a smile on my face, I gazed outside the window, seeing a big announcement poster that had a big Sailor Moon figure.

"Dad, Mom!" I calmed them hurriedly, pointing to the window "Sailor Moon's new season is about to premiere on tv"

Dad was looking at me through the rearview mirror, smiling at himself, watching his little girl all smiley and excited. He smiled at me, his eyes closing.

"That's amazing, honey" I nodded repeatedly, unable to contain my happiness.

Can't believe the new season is almost here. I've waited two months!

"Seoyeon?" Jinjin called me and I hummed in response "Sorry"

He dropped his toys and looked at me with a guilty face, a little pout on his lips while his eyes were looking at my face carefully.

I frowned. What was he talking about?

"...I'm sorry I didn't let you play with Hoseok and me. I told you not to play with us because you're a girl and younger than us but I was stupid" He said about to cry and I widened my eyes, not believing he was actually saying sorry in front of Mommy and Daddy.

"You know... you made me really sad" I said, knowing I couldn't let him get away that easily.

He nodded "I know. I was a bad brother, I'm really sorry"

Mommy turned around once again and she faced the guilty Jinjin in front of her "That was really brave of you, Jinjin. You understood what you did to your sister was incorrect and you apologized. Say sorry to Seoyeon one more time"

"I'm sorry" He looked at me with puppies eyes and I opened my arms for him. A smile cracked on his face and he quickly embraced me.

"Look at my babies making amends-"

A loud crash echoed in my ears and my vision went black. My eyes were open but I couldn't see a thing, I tried to call for Mom and Dad but my voice didn't even come out of my throat.

"MOM, DAD"

I didn't know how much time it had passed since my vision had gone blank but it felt like I was sitting in the air for five minutes straight.

"Jinjin?" I cried, hoping someone would hear me.

"Seoyeon"

"Seoyeon"

"Seoyeon"

"Seoyeon!"

My eyes opened abruptly and I started hyperventilating, my arms wrapped around my body. A pair of arms embraced me and my eyeballs seemed like they could pop out of my eyes any second. I tried to take a deep breath and I looked in front of me, seeing my blue room wall.

"Are you okay?" My brother's voice whispered against me. I nodded against his chest, I was dreaming.

"Were you having the same nightmare again?"

He finally let me go and looked at me with eyes full of concern, I sobbed and wiped my tears with the back of my hand. I grabbed my hair in frustration and nodded angrily.

"I just want to know why" I said between teeth "Why can't I be left alone and dream with the happy times instead?"

"Why do I have to continue to relive this moment countless times? Can't I just simply dream how we would make dinner every day and sing our favorite songs or how Dad would make us laugh when he would dance lik-"

Jinjin put his hand on my shoulder, trying to calm me down and making me stop.

"Stop torturing yourself. You can't control this"

I snapped "I know... I just wish it stopped"

"It will" He tried to cheer me up. I looked up to see him with a little smile on his face, just like Dad's.

I nodded and tried to smile "You're right. Sorry for snapping at you, I know you're just trying to help"

"Don't worry about it" I jumped back to his embrace and felt him chuckled against my back "Do you want me to make you pancakes with nutella?"

My eyes widened and my heart melted "You know exactly how to cheer me up"