《Ch.1》+ Digital Art

Start from the beginning

The events that happened back when the Injector existed didn't seem to affect these humans much. Actually, no one knew who it was that attacked Beach City. All they knew was that it was a gem. It felt a little weird to Spinel as she casually walked with Steven and past all these humans and they weren't looking at her.

It didn't stop the anxiety rising in her chest and feeling ready run if anyone showed any hostility.

Though after half way to the Steven's house, Spinel finally got a good look around at everything. Especially the humans or a few gems wearing clothes that humans wore. That brought her gaze down to her attire.

"Hm....so how long are you staying?" Steven asked while they stop near his dad's car wash.

Spinel shrugs, "Just until the Diamonds are done with business. I didn't expect this at all, but they thought it was good that I made friends."

"Well, that's good for you and lucky for all of us, I may have just thing to do. I need to get everyone to hang out again, so..." Steven pulls out his phone and types away, "...We'll play a game of baseball. That way, ALL of us can play."

At the word play, it gave mixed emotions to the pink hearted gem. Excitement and hesitance. She just stuck with the first option as best as she could. Plus the curiosity rose from the name of the game. One that must have required many others to join. She hoped to learn more as Steven went on about many other fun things to do.

~°♡°~

Spinel sat patiently on Steven's couch and examined the home. She had wondered what Steven talked about. Something about a PHONE? For her? With a raised brow at the thumping from upstairs, she heard Steven shout in triumph.

"Found it!" The said teen boy bounded down the steps.

A small rectangular device is held out to Spinel and she takes it cautiously. The front had a black reflective surface and the rest was a dark and light plum color.

"This used to be mine, but as you can see." Steven explained and pulled out his new one, "I got a new one, so you can have that one now. I'm sure you'll love it and get the hang of it."

Not really interested in the phone at the moment, Spinel puts it away in her gem just as the Crystal Gems come in.

"Where are we playing Baseball?" Amethyst smirks and picks up a baseball bat, "I'm ready to kick butt."

After a few mentioned places, they all agreed on the fields near where Lapis and Peridot's barn is. There was enough space and clearance so no one got hurt by the gems strength and such. Throughout the whole drive in Pearl's "Mini Van". Spinel had been quiet. Only occasionally smiling or giving short answers if included in the conversations.

It felt calm and none of them didn't pressure her into anything.

This place had amazing views and Spinel wondered if there was more to this place than meets the eye. She couldn't believe she almost destroyed it. 'No. Stop it.' Spinel scolds herself and clenches seatbelt across her chest.

'Is it too much to ask for someone who wouldn't treat me normally without guilt or the need to be replaced by anyone else?'

Soon everyone had met up and began to set the field. While they were doing that, Spinel strolled some distance away and pulled out a Diamond Communicator from her gem. The device is turned so all the three colors match to form complete diamonds.

A screen appears and the face of the three Diamonds were smiling at their Dearest Spinel.

"HELLOOO~ My Diamonds!" Spinel sung out and giggles, "How is the trip going?"