《Ch.1》+ Digital Art

Start from the beginning

"You're right." Connie turns to Steven, "I'll see you later, okay?" Quickly, she gives a peck nose the corner of his mouth, "Love ya."

Steven's eyes widen and he turns with a hand to his cheek. A lovestruck smile appears on his face as he looks back at Connie while she waves. "Love you too."

"Gross." Amethyst says, seeming to have come back with a basket of fries. "Can we leave now?"

~°☆°~

Once Steven and the Crystal Gems made it to Little Homeworld. They head over to Bismuth's home where the giant Warp Pad sat. Also four familiar gems that Steven is friends with.

Three of them consisted of their own team, this was Lapis Lazuli, Bismuth; and the short pouting gem; Peridot. Finally the last gem had been someone who Steven didn't think would visit so soon. Well, it had been a month or two since he'd last seen her.

Spinel spots Steven after rolling her eyes at Peridot and her mood brightened a little more, yet nervous. She gave am awkward salute to him and the Crystal Gems.

"Oh my gosh! Hey, Spinel!" Steven runs up excitedly, "Wow! You look amazing

"Oh my gosh! Hey, Spinel!" Steven runs up excitedly, "Wow! You look amazing."

A bashful blush appearing on her cheeks, Spinel chuckles lightly, "Thanks. I thought I needed a new look. Blue Pearl helped and Pink Pearl gave the colors." She rubs the back of her head.

"That's great! I'm really happy you're getting along with them. Are the Diamonds treating you well?" Steven panics, "They didn't send you away, did they?"

Spinel blinks at Steven and tries not to think about that way, but-

Pearl walks up, "Actually, Steven. There is a reason why I told you to meet us at the boardwalk. Yellow Pearl told us that Spinel will be visiting while the Diamonds were off on business. It shouldn't take more than two days time."

This news brought another smile to Steven, "Really? That's great! Spinel, you are going to have so much fun here. There won't be a time that you'll be alone unless you need space." He places a hand on the pink hearted gem's shoulder.

It had been a nerve wracking start right now, especially warping here alone. Maybe Spinel should've asked if Pink Pearl would've come, but she usually helps White Diamond or the other Pearls. Steven had no negative emotion to her, neither did the gems, Garnet, Amethyst, and Bismuth. Pearl seemed slightly cautious along with Lapis. Peridot? Well, Spinel kinda made a first bad impression on accident by calling her Shorty. Unfortunately the green gem didn't take it so kindly.

'It can't be hard getting along with them. Just as long as Steven is around, I think I can manage.' Spinel thought and takes a small breath, "I hope to have some fun." She grins shyly.

Garnet and Pearl were talking with Lapis, Peridot and Bismuth as Amethyst ate her fries off to the side.

"I guess, you'll be staying with us. If you're going to be visiting often then there's a possibility we can help build you a house." Steven gently leads Spinel forward the boardwalk.