goosebumps (continued) | transformed!asta x reader

Start from the beginning

Today, I'm visiting (Y/n)...for the twelveth time this week. Magna says I should give my own injuries some time to heal, but I feel like that'd be selfish of me. If (Y/n) were awake, she'd force me to rest. Her motherly nature is one of the many things I miss about her.

Please wake up, (Y/n). I can't lose you.

Your Point of View:

Here I am once again...in this sinister darkness. My body feels too heavy to be my own. What else am I to do? I can't tell whether I'm dead or not. If this is death, it's absolutely boring.

I snap out of my dark atmosphere when I hear a familiar voice. I'm not awake yet. But somehow, I'm sitting up straight in what looks like a hospital bed. To my left, I see a boy. His eyes are tear-filled and fatigued. I wanted to comfort him for some reason, but my voice is inaudible. Adverting my gaze from the sorrowful boy, I look down to see my sleeping figure.

Did I die?!

My chest appears to be moving up and down, so this is probably just a dream or something.

I move out of the hospital bed and onto the cold floor. I stare the familiar boy in the face, trying to identify him. My mind is far too foggy to think right now though.

He speaks in a quiet voice, "This is all my fault, (Y/n). Forgive me."

"It's okay. Don't blame yourself," I attempt to tell him. He doesn't hear me. I need to get his attention somehow. His name is on the tip of my tongue. This is getting frustrating.

He gets up slowly from his seat and walks toward the door.

"I have to go now, but I'll be back tomorrow, (Y/n). Don't worry," he says, closing the door behind him.

I want to call out to him, but I'm unable to do so as I've emerged into the darkness once more.

~Time Skip~

Asta's Point of View:

Another month has gone by and (Y/n) still hasn't woken up. I'm trying to stay positive, but the days are getting longer and my heart is getting heavier.

What if she never wakes up?

No, I can't think like that! She'll wake up, Asta. She just needs some time...

Thoughts like these keep me wide awake on nights like this. I've been tossing and turning for hours now. No matter how hard I try, I'm never able to sleep nowadays.

I drag myself out of bed and find myself wandering the halls. My feet lead me to a room I haven't entered in forever...(Y/n)'s room. With a shaky hand, I turn the knob and shudder at the creaking of the opening door. My heart aches at the cold, dark room. I can tell this place hasn't been dusted in a while. It almost makes this room feel as though it's always been vacant. I take a few steps further into the room and end up at the foot of her bed. I take a seat on the plush mattress and stare down at my trembling fists. I don't know how long I sat here, but I must've dozed off at some point because I'm no longer in the (brunette, blonde, etc.)'s bedroom. Instead, I'm in a sunny field, surrounded by (f/c) roses. The warmth in the atmosphere reminds me of (Y/n)'s Solar Magic. Despite the comforting heat from the sun, I still got goosebumps from the prominent feeling of the (L/n)'s presence. Acting on this feeling, I turn around to see a distant figure. The gorgeous (h/l) (h/c) hair swaying in the wind was a dead giveaway.