Nathan grinned. "No man, you got it wrong both times. It's because of the dare." 

Shit shit shit....

Edward raised an eyebrow. "What are you talking about?" 

I felt my head spinning as I knew what the revelation would be. I did not want him to know, mostly because I did not want him to find out this way, and from Nathan too. But there was no going back now that the topic had begun being discussed. Edward was so far taking it as a joke, but he would not be laughing in a minute, and the worst thing was that I did not have the energy or the know-how to stop Nathan from telling him. 

"The dare, man. First day of school. I told Ella to try to get you to like her... well quite literally I told her to sleep with you..." Nathan paused when he saw Edward's eyes popping out of their sockets and me almost shaking. "What?" His eyes turned to me and then back to Edward, who obviously was not laughing anymore. "Wait, you don't know about this?" 

Edward's eyes slowly turned to me, and Iooked back at him helplessly. "No," he mumbled. "I didn't."

Nathan glared at me. "You didn't tell him?!" he hissed in an accusatory tone. "You're in a relationship with him and you didn't tell him it started out as a dare?" 

Shut up, shut up, my mind was saying, but my voice was not heard. I just stared at him with a horrific expression, because I knew that Edward was not going to forgive me for this.

Edward turned to look at me, his eyes blazing with fury. "What does he mean by dare? Do you mean to tell me that all of this was a stupid bet among idiot teenagers?" 

I tried not to let his words get to me, but my eyes brimmed with tears, because of the situation rather than of what Edward had said. "It wasn't like that," I mumbled. 

"It's a dare! What the hell?"

"No! Nathan suggested it and I had to agree because he threatened me, but I was never intending to do what he said! It's not why I was interested in you."

Edward pushed his chair back and stood up angrily. "That's not why you were interested in me? Of course it is! You're a hypocrite, that's what you are! All this time I was a bet to you and I was an idiot for not realising it!" he yelled. 

I gulped. I knew where this was going. "It wasn't! Nathan told me that it was fine if I didn't do it later, and I didn't stop because I genuinely liked you. How was I supposed to tell you that Nathan had dared me to do something like this? If I had, what's happening now would have happened!" 

 My gaze turned to Nathan, who looked shell-shocked glancing from me to Edward. I guessed he felt guilty for bringing all of this up, and yes, I did blame him. He should have stepped in to help me with this, not sit there looking dumb. 

"Yes, because if I knew, I never would have gone out with you! Geez, I almost got fired because of you!" Edward's tone was vicous now and he was looking at me in hatred. "I bet you were waiting for me to sleep with you too so that you'd be able to end your stupid dare." He paused to take in a few breaths, his voice had gotten hoarse from all the yelling. He wiped the sweat off his forehead and turned to look at Nathan. 

"Why the hell would you do this? You could have gotten me fired and sent me to jail! What the hell were you thinking?!" he said loudly. His voice boomed throughout the whole classroom. 

Nathan seemed to hesitate, then glared at him. "I wanted to get you fired, for splitting my parents up!" he yelled back. 

Wait, what? 

Edward's facial expression changed and he looked at me cautiously. I swallowed the bile that had risen to my throat and asked, "What? What do you mean split your parents up? I thought they were divorced."