Chapter 9

Hi, this is part 9, I hope you enjoy it :)

Photo on the side is of Edward :)

Chapter 9- Mr James's POV

I walked around the room, putting easels away and closing the windows, with a cigarette in my mouth. I stopped for a moment and lit it, inhaling deeply.

Yes, I know teachers are not allowed to smoke in school, but I don't really care. I have always done things my own way, anyway. Except being with a student. I've never done that, and never even thought that it would pass my mind.

Ella had just left the room so there was no one around. I finished closing the windows and turned around to take a last look at the room. Apparently I wasn't alone, though.

Nathan was standing at the door, arms crossed. I almost swallowed the cigarette whole when I saw him, realising that he was seeing me smoke on school premises. He smirked when he saw my face.

"I didn't know you smoked," he said.

I took a deep breath and dropped the cigarette on the floor, stepping on it, then picked it up. What a waste, I thought to myself. I threw it in the garbage. "Bad habit," I muttered to Nathan.

"One of your bad habits," he said. I glared at him.

"I thought you had left," I said.

"I never left," he replied.

My eyes widened. "You were here when-"

He stopped me by nodding. "Yes, I stayed here while you were talking to Ella, but you were so busy touching her face and your hair that you didn't even notice."

I put my hands up to my face. "Why did you stay?" I asked in a muffled voice. Why did he hate me so much? Oh right, I knew why. I felt my face redden, and I looked up at him.

"Pfft, I just wanted to know what you wanted to say to her." He walked towards me, stopping in front of me. "I know you like her. You have ever since you first saw her on the first day of school, in the canteen."

I was shocked by his words, but I shook my head nonetheless. I could never admit to liking a student. Not to him, anyway. He had so much on me already...

"I don't like her," I said. My brain started screaming, Liar, Liar, and I knew it was right.

"Don't deny it because I know it's true, Edward," he replied. Ugh, I hate it when he calls me by my first name, even though I know I'd asked him to last year. But now it's different.

"I already told you, I'm Mr James to you, especially here."

"You call someone by their last name if you respect them, and you know I don't respect you." He moved closer to me, while I stood still, motionless. I admit that I was scared of him- he knew how to throw a punch, and he wouldn't hesitate much. I mean, he's done it to me before. He continued speaking, "Like I was saying, I know you like her."

"I don't," I interrupted once again. He glared at me. "You're just obsessing."

"Oh, but I know you do. Besides, I heard her saying that you two almost kissed." I flinched at the last word and Nathan smirked. "Aren't you like, violating a million rules by that?" he added. I raised my eyebrows, encouraging him to continue, and realising that I had suddenly gained a lot of confidence. I didn't need to be scared of him, did I? He was just a student.

"Well," he said. "First of all, you're in a relationship with a student." I opened my mouth to protest, but he stopped me. "Teachers aren't allowed to even touch students, let alone drive them around in their cars and kiss them. Second of all, she's underage. Does she even know how old you are?"