Chapter 47

Chapter 47- Ella's POV

 I looked around, hoping that no one would see me as I stole my way towards Edward’s classroom. If anything I knew I was forbidden from going there. By now a lot of people who knew me suspected that something was wrong. I was skipping art lessons and looking forlorn and lost all the time. And everyone found it strange that all of a sudden, Mr James was leaving school to go and work somewhere else. He loved teaching at our college. This is aside from the fact that a lot of people had been spreading rumours about us. Yes, a lot of people were talking about it. Someone had said there were photos going around the school too, but thankfully I had not encountered any of them yet.

I walked into the classroom and looked around. There was nobody inside, so I guessed that Edward must be in a meeting or something. I had not informed him that I would be stopping by, so he hadn't been expecting me. I sat down in his seat and waited. It was unusual of him to leave the classroom unattended, without there being anybody inside. 

It was a Thursday, around two weeks after all of the trouble with the principal had been raised. Edward had been given the name of the college where he would be teaching, and he was going to start on the coming Monday. I, on the other hand, was to finish this semester at our college, then start the next semester somewhere else, as discreetly as possible. Another teacher was going to replace Edward, starting from Monday. 

Nathan knocked on the door and walked in, eyes crossing as soon as he saw me sitting in Edward's seat.  He sat down next to me and sighed.

"Edward left me to take care of the classroom because he needed to speak to the principal. I just went to, uh, speak to someone for a second. "

I noticed the nervousness in his voice, and instantly realised that he must have gone to speak to the stalker. I scoured my memory, trying to think if I had seen him talking to someone, but I couldn't recall anything.

"Why's Edward at the principal's? " I asked.

Nathan shrugged. "Dunno. I guess it has something to do with his transfer."

I nodded. "I guess so. I'm leaving this college too, just to let you know," I informed him, taking a deep breath.

Nathan's head shot up and he looked at me in horror. He clearly had not heard this piece of news from the stalker. "What? Why?" he asked. I rolled my eyes before replying. 

"Seriously? Aren't you living in this world? Everyone has been talking about why Edward is transferring, people know everything Nate! Your friend the stalker made sure to make our lives hell after we managed to get out of this without any trouble." I glared at him. I really disliked him for not telling me the identity of the stalker, who, according to him, was the obvious suspect. 

Nathan made brief eye contact with me. "Have you found out who it is yet?" he asked. 

No, I'm waiting for you to tell me, I thought to myself. "No," I answered, shrugging. 

He looked away uncomfortably. "Oh. Wait, one second," he said, sitting up straight. "Why are you transferring?"

"I told you, because of the rumours," I answered irritated. 

Nathan raised both eyebrows. "So what? You're just going to let them win? If you leave you're just going to confirm all of the rumours, just saying," he told me.

I looked away awkwardly. He was right. Both Edward and I leaving would only make matters look worse, sort of showing people that they had been right. "I don't know, my brother was the one to fix up everything."