"What did I do to deserve that?"

He shrugs, "Everyone else was getting embarrassed, I thought you should experience it too."

The glare is replaced with a small smile as her fight dies off.

"While I'm friends with a bunch of emotional idiots, I can't relate." I gloat, trying to calm myself out of hysterics.

"Shut up, Ashton, you bawled your eyes out drunk in my bathroom over a girl." Gabe counters.

"Last time I checked, I'm definitely more than just a girl, Gabriel." Scarlett counters as she appears by my side. "Also, I believe I've made you cry at least 50 times so let's not get too cocky."

"Scarlett used to cry every time she saw a foot." Gabe says before using Avery and Zev as a human shield.

"Feet are gross, I have every right to be disgusted by them." She cries out, the mere thought making her upset.

As everyone continues to throw each other under the bus, my face begins to hurt from laughing so hard.

My friends are pretty great.

*****

"Ash, can you play one game with us?" Sterling asks as I drop them off since Scarlett and Sage had some sort of meeting they had to go to.

Part of me wants to say no just to save myself from the embarrassment that's bound to follow, but I end up turning my truck off.

After losing my third game in a row, I throw my controller on the couch. I hate losing to 13 year olds.

"What's wrong, Ash?" Sterling asks.

"Maybe the fourth time will be the charm." Silver offers.

I especially hate losing to the twins.

They gloat.

Glaring at them, I go to stand up. "On that note."

"Don't go." They say together and I sit back down.

I figured that would shut them up.

"In two weeks, we won't be around to harass you." Silver reminds me.

Oh, yes, the Rhodes are spending their summer in Miami. It sucked until mom told me Abuela wanted me and Ronnie to visit her for a few months. Now we'll only be 2 hours apart and I'll have a car.

"How will I survive?" I ask dryly.

They stick their tongues out at me.

"I wonder when Scarlett's going to be home." Sterling muses, scrolling through his phone.

"What exactly is she doing?" I wonder, hoping for an answer.

They share an alarming look that makes me panic, "She's visiting Aunt Karen."

Oh dear God, hopefully I don't get a call from a holding cell in the next few hours.

After hanging out for a little while longer I stand up, reaching for my keys and phone.

"Aren't you waiting for Scarlett, you guys have a date?" Sterling asks and I shake my head.