Morning After

The morning is cold, there's a little heater plugged into a long cord that exits the room. I have a blanket on.

It goes without saying, but this is not my house.

The room is grey and artificial.

On a bedside table to my right, there are fake flowers on a plastic base covered by a thick layer of dust. I am on a kid's bed, it's plastic and pink. My feet dangle from the end.

I have a cuff on my left ankle, the cold metal against the skin is what woke me.

These are not my clothes.

I have a large "tie-dye" shirt that has a lot of little bears printed on it, the pants are basic men pajama pants, black, all from Walmart probably.

The woman, or someone else, took my bra off before letting me in this bed.

For some reason my medium size, leather indie designer backpack is on the floor right next to the door, which is open.

I can hear humming coming from outside.

The walls in the room have knock-off posters from some popular franchises for girls. Like one has horses that could either be something Lisa Frank drew while high on crack or My Little Pony eldritch abominations.

-Friendship is suffering.- I whisper to myself.

I wish Hunter was here, he would have started singing it like the MLP jingle. He is also great at picking locks with bobby pins and I have lots of those in the backpack...Maybe if I can reach it without making any noise.

I move my left foot slowly and feel how something moves with it. I am cuffed and chained to the bed, and the chain feels long.

I remove the blanket and realize it is.

Very long, most of it in on the floor all bundled up. My captor wants me to be able to get up from the bed.

Why? Who cares, at least I am not in a rape den. Or am I?

I check under the pants... Someone changed my lace hipster panties for cotton briefs for women. FUCK, nothing hurts, and I don't feel anything weird but why is my underwear different?

Oh right, I remember.

I wet myself after the woman shot the cop. Fuck. A crazy armed woman who knows my name abducted me.

Think Rebecca, think. I should know what to do in this scenario, dad taught me how to behave around strangers.

Noises are coming from outside the room.

Someone is moving stuff, I can hear a microwave going on.

Liquid being poured inside something. The humming never stops and there's a weird noise I can't recognize.

I want to get up and sneak a peek from behind the door, the chains are heavy, every time I move my feet they rattle a little. The humming becomes louder and I can hear footsteps. Fuck.

I hide under the blankets and stay very still, breathing calmly. The footsteps finally stop, right outside the bedroom door.

She comes closer, I can't see her but I can feel her eyes, burning me. Just like my dad's.

She is staring at me from the end of the bed.

The microwave goes off, its high pitched repetitive beep is too loud for me to pretend to ignore. So I move in the bed, slowly.

She probably knows I am awake by now, I am too afraid to remove the blanket from my face. I don't want to.

I open my eyes a little and fix them on the poster to my right.