Rabbit Hole

-Rebecca. Talk to me.- The woman holds herself.

-You are not my mother.-

She recoils. -Yes, I am.- The woman stands tall. - I am your mother, at least the biological one and I did not sell kiddie porn.-

-NEITHER DID DAD!-

-YOU DON'T KNOW HIM, THEY FUCK WITH PEOPLES BRAIN'S IN THE COVE!-

What? How does she know where we go to therapy? -BULLSHIT!-

-I HAVE EVIDENCE.-

-BULLSHIT!-

-YOU WANNA SEE? FINE- She rushes to the room, I try to follow but the chain stops right at the frame of the hallway

She opens the door struggling with the keys and slams the door behind her. Thumping noises, swearing and eventually, she leaves the room bringing an old, brick-like laptop dragging the charger cord and another duffel bag.

She has a satchel hanging on her shoulder. The same bag from yesterday, I've seen it before.

We give each other mean looks. She places the laptop on the counter and turns it towards me.

-What would you prefer first? The video of your birth or the top ten videos of how you father got me brainwashed to steal you from me?-

Neither, really.

From the satchel Daphne also recovers my phone and leaves it behind the laptop.

-My birth.- Morbid curiosity, her eyes lit.

The woman starts looking in her satchel, plastic noises, metal noises. She has a lot of stuff inside that bag.

She gets a transparent CD case. "Rebecca's Birth" is written in cursive and purple ink, with my father's impeccable calligraphy.

She puts a CD in the computer. I walk to the counter and take a chair next to her.

The camera shakes, it's pointing to the ground. Silence.

...Here! We don't want to miss this, do we Daffy? My father's voice, my heart sinks. The camera pans up and it reveals a younger Daphne on the ground.

Her face is pulpy, she cries, I think she pissed herself, there's ... No... No that's not piss. It's the bag.

-Early labor! Can you believe our angel? Already a go getter.-

-AGH TAKE ME TO A HOSPITAL! PLEASE.-

-No Daffy. House labor, like the fucking hippie one you wanted. THE BEST FOR THE BEST WHORE- Dad kicks Daphne in the face. -I COULD HAVE MADE YOU TEN TIMES RICHER, TEN TIMES ANYTHING!-

-OH GOD, PIERCE PLEASE I BEG YOU!-

-STOP THAT! YOU ARE GOING TO HURT THE BABY!- I don't know that voice, it's a man's voice.

A woman in scrubs rushes to pick Daphne up and a man appears in the frame, wearing a coat and scrubs. Pissed, scolding my father. His voice is very foreign to me, but he looks familiar.

-I told you no recording Mr. Sterling. What about evidence?-

-I want her birth, I have Hunter's. She is MY child.-

Daphne weeps in the back, the man covers the whole frame.

-Fine, fine.- The man shakes his head.

-She is ready Doctor. The baby is already crowning.- When the man moves from the frame, Daphne is tied with ropes against a wall.

Her legs spread open and from her bloody vagina, what I assume is my head.