6.

A green bottle of soju was slammed against the small table, echoing throughout the almost empty restaurant. Thankfully the bottle didn't break, not as if Yuta wouldn't have noticed whether it did or not, neither would he care. Johhny, sat opposite the boy, just stared at him with a brow raised slightly.

"He said good night to me." Yuta giggled, yes giggled and swayed on his seat a bit.

Yuta was drunk, one hundred percent drunk. Four bottles of soju had come and gone by the time their food had arrived. Even when Johnny had repeatedly told him to slow down, Yuta would mumble "You're not the boss of me, don't tell me what to do," as he chugged down his third bottle. Now he was practically bent over the table, cheeks a deep scarlet and his thoughts scattered as he remembered his small moment with Taeyong.

"Not to burst your bubble, but I think you're overreacting Yuta." Johnny sighed, raising a hand to rub his forehead. "I know you have a crush on him but please don't turn into how Hyuck is with Mark." He reminded.

The thought of Mark and Hyuck made Yuta gag slightly, however he wasn't sure if it was the thought of the two or the amount of alcohol he had consumed. The pair were annoying, no they were more than just annoying. They were probably the most annoying people in the entirety of the office, however they were alright when they weren't together. Yuta would rather talk to them individually but when Hyuck would start talking about Mark, it made Yuta feel like his head was about to explode.

Hyuck was head over heels for the American boy which Yuta had quickly discovered on his first few days as he was given a tour around the office. Hyuck had pictures of Mark all over his cubicle, he even printed out the emails that Mark sent him. There was this one way that he would hug the other, arms wrapped either around his neck or torso and his chest pressed against his back, all whilst Mark tried to type on his computer. Yuta found it quite odd because Mark wasn't exactly interested in Hyuck, pushing the younger boy away or just straight up ignored his actions all whilst getting on with his tasks.

"No, I'm not." Yuta whined softly, as he sat up straight to run a hand through his hair. "But what if he actually likes me? What would I do?"

Johnny shrugged as he poked around a piece of meat on the shared grill. "I don't know but I wouldn't get your hopes up too much. He is our boss and that sort of relationship is heavily looked down upon, you know?" He stated as he continued on to eat the meat.

Yuta knew alright. He knew that if he had any type of romantic relationship with Taeyong, everything that he has worked for could easily go downhill. Not only would there be hundreds of rumours going around about Yuta doing it to get higher up but he would feel guilty simply because he didn't want that but wanted an actual relationship based around love, not power or money. Yuta had heard about numerous scandals beforehand, the common one being that the boss will favor a certain employee who seems to be the smartest which usually leads to some sort of relationship which results in that employee advancing through the ranks too quickly. It wouldn't be any different if Yuta followed that path, especially since Yuta has been overworking and doing way more than enough for the entirety of the office.

"This is stupid. There's no way that Taeyong would fancy someone like me." Yuta pouted as he lifted his head to look at Johnny, eyes watering slightly.

Johnny frowned and reached across to gently run his hand through Yuta's hair. "Don't get too upset about it, besides you're more than drunk and you know you'll forget about it in a few hours." He laughed in an attempt to lighten the mood.

One more day. One more shorter day of work to go, it was shorter because they were closing early in preparation for the party shortly after. He already knew that some of his colleagues weren't going to come in since they claimed they would work from home. Yuta knew this was just another lame excuse to try and get out of doing work considering he had already gotten five emails since he left the office hours ago.

"Why did it have to be him? Why couldn't I just have a crush on you or Sicheng." He whined as he rubbed his eyes harshly. "It would be so much easier."

The compliment shocked Johnny and if Yuta wasn't beyond drunk then he might have realised the deep blush that spread across the older boy's cheeks. He might've realised that the blush simply wasn't from the green bottle of soju that Johhny was currently holding.

"J-just finish eating and I'll drive you home." Johnny stammered, rubbing his face to calm down the redness as Yuta continued to pout before chugging down the rest of the bottle; which happened to be his fifth bottle of the night. You love Ten, not Yuta you idiot he kept repeating as he stood up from his seat to notice that the Japanese boy had fell asleep with his face resting on the table.

Johnny walked around to his side and gently picked him up, carrying him bridal style out to his car. Once he had set Yuta down in the back seat, he noticed the state he was in and frowned. He knew he had competition and didn't want to be beaten. Johnny loved Ten but he felt as though he had a stronger connection towards Yuta, and he felt his heart break into a million pieces when Yuta was confessing his feelings about Taeyong.

"You might not be mine and you may never be mine, but I promise to never give you up and I'll protect you at all costs." Johnny whispered as he brushed some stray pieces of hair out of Yuta's face and kissed him on the forehead before getting in the drivers seat and drove off to Yuta's home.

_____________________________

Well stuff is about to go down👀