CHAPTER 10

After telling Kidou's father about her truly conditions, Juuzou fall asleep for being tired from crying for quite some times. He stay by her side for hours as he watch and hear as she pour all her heart to the person that accept her into his family. Even he couldn't expect to took in another kid as he only decided to adopt Kidou when suddenly the boy request to allow her stay with them, which he didn't seem to like the idea but as times goes by, the girl seem to brought some light into their home with her weirdness and bubbly attitude.

 The older man raise the blanket over her shoulder and watch some stray tears still fall off her eyes. He then silently walk out of the room to left the room only to came across his panting adopted son who seem to be running before stopping in front of him.

 "F-father?" He greet thought mostly asking in confuse seeing as the man just walk out Juuzou's room.

 The older man nod greeting back. "You back early. Why didn't you spend some time celebrating with your friends?"

 The younger Kidou turn nervous as he stutter and mumbling mess. "W-w-we-well I- it just- I just-"

 The man chuckle seeing his son fumbling. "Go on. She just fall asleep. She been tired of crying."

 At the mention of the pale girl crying catch his attention then he narrow his eyes accusingly at his father. "What happen?"

 "Don't worry, it wasn't me." The man simply state as he walk pass the boy but not before giving him some pats on the shoulder. "Talk to her. Right now she need you the most."

 "What do you mean?" The goggled boy spun so that he come face-to-face with his father.

 "Her last match seem to take a toll on her. Stay by her side before you lose her forever." He then walk away leaving the shocked boy.

 After Kidou finally able to regain himself, he knock the door before walking in only to see that the pale skin girl did actually asleep. He silently close the door and took a seat where his father used to seat. He also noted the stray and dried tears that prove that she indeed have been crying. It also supported by her eyes seemly redden.

 The boy took one of her hand, holding it between his and rub his thumb at the back of her hand. "I'm sorry." He apologize. "I should have stay with you but instead I leave you. Please, tell me what aren't you telling me? I will try my best to help you in every way I could."

 It seem that his voice have awaken the girl as she stir around and her hand grab his.

 The sick girl open her eyes which she winch a little as she felt her eyes swollen for crying mess.

 "Sorry." Kidou wake up. "Did I wake you up?"

 "Nah, it's okay." She reassure him only to hear her cracking voice which she grimace hearing her own voice in such manner. "How's the match? Did you guys win?"

 "Aah, we win." He flash her a smile.

 "Congratulation. I know you could do it."

 "Thank you. Just wish you will be there to watch me."

 Juuzou grin wildly. "Did you miss me that much?" She tease.

 Kidou smile genuinely. "I do actually. I miss you so much."

 His confession cause her smile to flatter.

 "Ne, Juuzou." The boy grip her hand between his. "Is there something you aren't telling me?"

 The asked girl expression turn unreadable as she just watch her gripped hand. She notice how desperate he is from the way his body shaking and his hands trembling. She watch silently as Kidou took one of his hand away and took off his goggle, revealing his breath taking ruby red eyes that always fascinate her ever since they met.

 "You have always been there for me whenever I need you." Kidou continue. "Now please, let me return the favour. Please Juu-"

 "Ne, Yuuto." She cut him off. "I don't need anything more than what you have gave me up until now. I'm the one who should be returning the favour, not you. You are the person who took me in and save me from living in the street. You accept me for the way I'm when everyone just keep frowning and look at me in disgust."

 "Then why aren't you telling me anything?!" He shout in desperateness lace in his voice.

 "Because I'm scare." She answer bluntly.

 "Scare? Why?"

 "Because- because-" She stutter as she choke on her words. "I'm scare that I will be no longer use to you and I won't be strong enough to stand by your side."

 Kidou expression turn surprise as he watch tears keep falling from the girl's eyes along with her other hand tremblingly gripping the blanket. He let out a soft chuckle which earn the girl attention as she glance at him, wide teary eyes. "You idiot." He state and move himself so that he will be lying by her side. He raise the blanket and make himself comfortable.

 During his every step, Juuzou just silently watch him until she now came face to face with the red eyes boy who stare at her with small smile plaster on his face.

 The girl lean on her side and move a little allowing Kidou to lean against the same pillow as hers. "You will catch a cold if you came to close to me, Yuuto."

 "Don't worry, only idiot catch a cold remember?"

 "Then am I also an idiot?" She ask.

 "Aa, but you're my idiot." The ruby eyes boy answer as he smooth her hair, lovingly.

 Almost immediately Juuzou reach out her arms and hug the boy. Her face now buried on the boy's chest as she muffle a cry. Kidou didn't seem to mind as he smooth her hair in reassuring.

 "Yuuto." She call out in her tears. "I- I- I don't think I could be able to play anymore. I'm scare, Yuuto. I'm sorry, I'm sorry for being weak, I'm sorr-"

 "I know." He cut her off making her head snap up looking at him in shock while he glance down.

 "Eh? How?"

 "I have known you for years. It sometime scare me on how strong and fearless you're no matter what being laid upon you. I always thought that I would be prepare that one day you will decide to leave me that was until that match." He pull her back onto his chest with tears brimming from his eyes.

 "I saw how scare you're when you look at me and that when I realize that I would never be prepare to let you go. That match show me that in the end, you're still a human. You also have your fear and I made vow that I will there by your side to fight it, so that you won't go through it alone. So that you will know that there always someone right by your side. So Juuzou, it's okay to be scare. There's nothing wrong with it. You have strong for so long and now it's time for you to let it go. I'm here now and I will always be."

 With those words being said, Juuzou grip the back of the boy's shirt and tears pours out of her eyes. For the first time in her life, she show him, her weakest part. She have been keeping herself all this time and now it's time for her to let go so that he will be the one who hold her.

 Both of them keep holding each other almost making sure they won't lose each other. They keep on being in each other embrace until they both fall asleep, exhausted.

 Hakamada arrive to send Juuzou's porridge that he made especially to help her cold only to find that she wasn't alone. Decided not to wake either of them, he walk out the room but not before giving a final glance and smile at the sight of the couple. "Took them some times." With that he walk away.

A/N: Here another update. Hope you guys like it. Please leave some comments and vote for it. 

Thank you.