"Alright, but don't stay out too late today. You are cooking dinner for us." I nod, feeling light inside that I won't need to have breakfast with him. Having to cook dinner is a small price to pay for that. Tom comes back to his room, probably to drink much more, and I finally exhale the air I've been holding without realizing it.

"C'mon Sammy!" My brother comes running downstairs and smiles at me, before going straight to the car. He grabs his breakfast in the way as I hand him.

"Don't leave bread scrumbles in my damn car, Samuel!" I scream at him, closing the door and just hoping Eric would have some biscuits in his bag like usual.

That will be my breakfast.

I'm sweating as I leave Mrs

I'm sweating as I leave Mrs. Easton's class, Algebra 2. There was going to have a test today and I haven't studied anything for it. All the inequations I managed to check were the ones that the girl next to me was reviewing. I hope that those notes along with what I learned were enough to make me do well on the test.

If I fail this test, I don't want to imagine what Tom would do to me. What marks he would choose to leave on me.

"Hey, bitch." Eric hugs from my behind and I can't help but squeal like a little girl. He laughs of me and all I do is roll my eyes, a big smile following my gesture.

"Are you getting better, chérie?" The French nickname Eric chose for himself is nothing but funny yet if he wants to be called like that, who am I to stop him.

"One step at a time, right?" He smiles sadly at him and I rub his arm, an attempt to make him feel better.

"I will always be here for you. You can call me any time of the day and I'm going to be there for you in a heartbeat. But now, hand me those damn biscuits that I'm hungry." He puts his hand up like he's surrounding and I get along, by forming a gun with my fingers to point at him.

We both laugh for a long time before he throws at me a package of what will be my breakfast and I give him a thankful look. He doesn't need to know why I didn't eat anything.

"Are you sure you want to it that? It's been in my bag for days, besides, we are heading for the cafeteria." I slap playfully his shoulder while I grab a biscuit and place it in my mouth, just to piss him off. It tastes like heaven, or maybe it's because I'm hungry.

"Alright, alright. Eat that piece of shit while I eat a whole hot dog." He winks at me and I just laugh, making fun of his face.

"You didn't think I would only eat these biscuits, right? Come on, you know me." Eric shows me his tongue and I laugh before whispering in his ear, "A hamburger would be perfect now."

As soon as we reach the cafeteria, I can see all my classmates already divided into their respective groups. There are the cheerleaders, the jocks, the addicted, the nerds and of course, the gang table. It always sits just the three, Kayla, Chadwick and Damien, so they don't expose the other members.