Chapter:13 Why Me?

I really don't know what happened all I do know is that I'm in pain. I'm  weak and it hurts like hell to move. I knew I was hurt and needed to get help. I mustard up all the strength I had to make it to the open door. I crawled out into the hallway. Blood was coming from my side and every time I coughed there was blood.

    Some one opened their door and saw me crawling down the hall with a trail of blood behind me. " Oh my God Chris call 911!" The girl said. I just stopped and laid there because I couldn't move anymore and I was getting weaker.

     " Des what happened to you?" Chris asked. It was my ace Breezy. He was holding on to me. " Help is on the way Des just hold on." He said. My life started to flash before my eyes from my childhood til now. I made a lot of mistakes in my life but I don't want to go like this. Everything just went dark again.

     I saw this bright light and it was so warm and peaceful. I saw some one coming towards me. "Who's there? Where am I? " I asked the shadow getting closer. I was trying to make out who it was but the only thing I could tell was that it was a woman. Her face became clearer and it was my mother.

    " Your not going to die yet my sweet baby girl. You have to much to live for." She said to me. " Why is all this happening to me mom? All I wanted was love but not like this." I cried. I can't keep going thru this drama. I just want a man that will love me for me. Nothing more and nothing less. " Let God send you what you want my love and be patient he is coming." She said. " Now go be the woman you were meant to be and live the life you were meant to have." She said before she disappeared.

   " Clear! She's back!" I heard some one say. I was loaded into the ambulance. I was in that hospital with a million things going thru my mind. I was grateful that God had spared me again. I wasn't going to waste my life fighting over a man. I was laying here after they removed two bullets from my side. I was going to make it. I just wanted to go some where far away from everything and focused on me.

     I heard the door open and in walked Aubrey. He looked so defeated and stressed. " Are you alright? Desire I am so sorry that all of this happened." He said holding my hand. I have to be honest I was happy he was here. " It's not all your fault Aubrey. I think that we just weren't ready for how fast things started moving between us. You were fresh out of your relationship with Dawn and I was a lost girl looking for love. It was over before it started. The timing just wasn't right." I said to him sincerely.

    I couldn't keep blaming everything on Aubrey because we both made mistakes. We just are both to caught up in our own ego trips to admit it. " I will always love you Aubrey but we have to face the facts we just aren't ready to be together right now. You have a busy life and I am trying to find my place in life." I told him.

    " Maybe in a different time we can try this again. I love you Des and I will never stop loving you." He said. He kissed me on the forehead and he left. I love him but right now I'm not right for him. Lord Why Me I thought to myself. Aubrey was a great guy and he would make a great husband when he was ready. I needed to get some rest because my mind was racing. I closed my eyes and I heard my mothers voice saying " Let God send you want you want." I smiled to myself cause I was going to do just that. Soon as I get out of this hospital.

   A Month Later.....

    I was packing up my place in New York getting ready to move to Atlanta. I wanted a change of scenery. Shadd and Desaundra were coming with me and my niece was due in 7 months. Desaundra and Shadd was doing well.

    " You ready for that dirty south life?" Shadd asked. I am ready and hopefully I find my husband there. " I am ready actually. I can't wait to get settled." I said smiling. My phone was ringing so I answered it while packing a box.

Conversation:
Me: Hello
Unknown: You may have lived but I will find you
Me: Who is this
Unknown: Your worst nightmare

  Before I could say anything else the line was disconnected. I had to get my number changed. I wasn't going to sweat it because in a few hours I would be out of the city and in the ATL.

Now I would have thought it was Dawn but no one has heard from her or seen her. I should have told my brother about the call but I just threw it to the wind. That was going to be a big mistake that I would regret later.