Chapter 12: What A Weekend

We made it to All Star Weekend in Miami. Shadd and Desaundra were engaged and the clothing line was coming out this week. We had lots to celebrate. Why was I the only sad person in the group? I had been calling Aubrey since the incident at my apartment but he hasn't picked up. He was avoiding me like I had done to him so many times before.

      We were at club Plush in South Beach for the Ciroc party Shadd was hosting for P Diddy. I was the new face of Ciroc so I had to be here, but I wasn't in a partying mood. I was in a zone when I saw them walk in. It was the whole YMCMB and Dawn was hanging on Drake's shoulder.

    This mutha fucka has some balls. He knew I would be here so this is out of spite. I wasn't going to feed into his bullshit. Desaundra was over by Shadd but she gave me that look like bitch I got you. You move I move that's how we do. Shakeya was on the way so I was waiting on her. I hadn't seen her in a while cause she's been laying low. Aubrey looks at me and smirks with this sinister grin. As I really looked at him I noticed he was fucked up out of his mind. Please God don't let him start no shit I prayed silently to myself.

         He came walking towards me with his groupie on his arm. " Hey Diamond you look good." He slurred. Dawn narrowed her eyes at me and it made me smile. " Wish I could return the complement, but walking around with trash isn't a good look for you Drake." I said back to him walking away. I saw August by the bar so I went over to him.

        " Hey stranger! Wus up?" I said to him. He smiled  giving me a hug and a kiss on the cheek. I turned and saw the anger in Drake's eyes. He grabbed a bottle of Ciroc and downed it. He was drinking drink after drink. I knew it would be a matter of time before he went off. August and I found a spot to chill and talk. I actually was enjoying his conversation. He was a sweet heart.

      I saw Aubrey making his way towards the stage. He stopped and talked to Diddy then grabbed the Mic. " Shout out to my man Diddy luv you man. Shout out to Shadd for hosting an awesome party. I'm gonna spit a little of this track for the woman that broke my heart." He said looking in my direction.

     The beat dropped and he went in:

She says kiss me like you miss me
Fuck me like you hate and
When you fucking someone else just
Fuck her like she ain't me

Damn those words are scary those words are scary
Virgin Mary I just tell her to spare me
I was in love two years ago and gave the baggage to my ex
It's all for her to carry bags she deserve carry I hate that hoe

      He knew exactly what he was doing. I wasn't gonna give him the satisfaction of knowing he was getting under my skin until I heard the hook.

I said I rather be with you but you are not around
So Imma call somebody up
And see if they'd be down
Cuz I hate sleeping alone
I hate sleeping alone

Half the time we don't end up fucking
I don't ask her for nothing
She leaves me in the morning
And I don't see her for months
Cuz I just hate sleeping alone
I hate sleeping alone
So she's here and we're both so good

          Dawn knew it just like I knew it that all she was was a replacement me. Yes she was in a relationship with him first but I had his heart. He got off the stage and started walking my way. Dawn followed right behind him but what see didn't see was Desaundra and Shakeya was right behind her.

        Before Drake could say a word to me Dawn stepped in front of him to make a scene. " Bitch I am so sick of you trying to take my man! Stay the fuck away from him or you will be sorry." She said pointing her finger in my face. I just laughed in her face. " First off if he your man why he just dis you? Second he be calling me. Did you know he was gonna ask me to marry him again? Third keep your finger out my face before you be the one that's sorry." I said turning my back on her. Dawn was sad as hell. Aubrey only goes back to her because he knows he can fuck her whenever without committing to her.

    Aubrey grabbed my arm. " You want me to beg you Des? I love you please give me a chance. Dawn don't mean shit to me. She ain't you." He said with tears in his eyes that wouldn't fall. I just looked at Dawn who's mouth was open so wide her jaw could scrape the ground. " Do you see now Dawn? You are just a fill in when he is not with me. He doesn't want you and the only reason he wants me is because I don't fall into the hype of who he is. See it matters to you that he is Drake the big star but to me he is just Aubrey." I pulled away from him and left the party.

       Dawn started charging after me and tackled me to the ground. Before she could throw a punch Desaundra was on her like white on rice. I got up off the ground and went towards her but August grabbed me. Shadd pulled Desaundra off of Dawn but Shakeya went ham.

   " Bitch you made her lose her baby. I have had it with you!" She said grabbing Dawn by the hair.

    She was beating on Dawn like she was a mad woman. Dawn was bleeding badly but Shakeya wouldn't stop. Kid Ink came out of no where pulling Shakeya back. Shakeya was kicking and screaming trying to get free but he got her to the exit. August let me go and that's when he hit the floor because Aubrey hit him. " You want him over me!" He yelled at me. Him and August was going at it like two pit bulls. I didn't see who got them apart but I saw Jhene pulling Aubrey to the exit.

       I just couldn't take this shit. I left and went back to my hotel room. I was so stressed and just over this stupid beef with Dawn. This was really Her Beef  because I didn't have a problem with her. Her issues were with Aubrey not me. I heard a knock at the door and not even looking to see who it was I opened the door.

      All I saw was the barrel of that gun pointed at me and before I could say or do anything I heard the shot and then everything went dark. I felt myself fading but I was going to fight to stay alive. I had to fight.