My house is too far out in the boondocks for her to get anywhere, especially, in the snowy weather. She's probably too stupid to even think about that though. Even if she didn't make it anywhere, she'd die out here and that would be just as much of a waste of money for me.

Yeah, that was why I was worried about Hazel being upset.

I didn't want her to run away.

"Hazel? Mad at you? I don't think so. She's probably embarrassed you had to punish her." I shift in my seat uncomfortably, trying not to think about my not so fair or patient training last night.

"I just don't want her to run away," I say to Abby unnecessarily, feeling the need to defend my concern for her. It's not that I actually care how she feels, I just need her to stay.

I only need Hazel around to practice training on. I'm a strong dominant, I don't need a sub. I'm perfectly happy with just me and Blue. I don't need Hazel no matter how pretty or adorable she is.

Hazel needs me, not the other way around. I'm probably not keeping her, I only need her to train. My concern is only because I need to use her to practice...

Even as I think it, I don't believe what I tell myself. I shake it off, everything I'm saying is true.

I have my cat and myself and that's all I need.

Hazel is temporary in our life. Once we are done and have gotten what we need, we can just sell her to another dominant or something.

If she can walk, maybe someone will want her.

Hazel won't care, or at least she shouldn't. I saved her life, even if it only keeps her from the breeding facility for a few months, she should be thankful.

That was a few months she never would have gotten anyway else.

If Abby can see through my words, she doesn't say anything about it.

She does voice her skepticism about Hazel's great escape however. "She can barely even crawl, Axel." Abby rolls her eyes. "I don't know how much running you think she's capable of."

"She could run if she really wanted to. I'm teaching her how to stand again." If she could learn to stand, she could learn to walk, which means she could eventually learn to run.

Run away from me.

"You're teaching her to stand?" Abby asks me, clearly skeptical.

"She's doing pretty well, but she's... slow." My intoxicated teaching hadn't been the best, I was more impatient that normal, but Hazel was still a slow learner.

"She's Slow? Well, she hasn't walked in what? Nine years? It's gonna take a bit for her to build up her strength. Was this one of those things where it sounded like a good idea when you were drunk?" I scowl at her.

"Teaching her to stand?"

"You know she can't, Axel."

"She can. With help she can. She'll build up her strength." I want to say I don't know what spurred my determination to teach her to be fully functional again, but the truth is I know exactly why. I absolutely hate having a useless submissive. I feel the need to fix her, make her useful.

I can't do that without her being able to walk or at least stand. Even if I don't keep her, her being able to walk with make it so that I can sell her for more than I bought her for.

"She'll need more nutrients than what is in the little water packets," Abby says I shrug her off.

"It's not that strenuous to stand. She'll be fine," I say dismissively as Abby pulls up in front of my house.