Organized Chaos

Rick looked nervously out the window as the limo pulled up in front of the hotel. He breathed a sigh of relief then turned and said, "Not too many people out there, and only a couple of photographers, probably trying to get any shot they can."

I stare out and see the girls. Well, what did I expect? He's probably fucked his share of groupies.

"And the groupies are out, too," I try to say it as casually as I can.

"Just wait until the concert, then you'll see the top ones. They follow the bands, they usually don't care which ones. Or they might follow a specific group. Okay, let's get out of here."

The driver came and opened the door and someone from his entourage took my suitcase. Rick carefully laid his hand on my face and pressed my head against his chest to shield me. I heard shutters clicking but there was nothing to be done about it. I wasn't any happier about it than he was.

Things were a little more relaxed in the lobby. We went straight to the elevator and rode it to the ninth floor. Our room was halfway down the hall but when we got there someone said, "Hey Rick", and a shutter clicked twice as he turned his head, distracted.

Rick's assistant set my case down and I picked it up. He pushed me into the room before I had a chance to see what was happening—and whatever it was I was grateful that I didn't see it.

He turned on a light by the bed then came to me and swept me up in his arms. He laid me gently on the bed and as we began to kiss I felt him slide my undies down my legs. I sat up and took off my dress while he pulled his clothes off.

It had been more than two months since we last made love and we tried to make up for it. It felt good to be skin to skin again. Our relationship was still new and the sex had a kind of magic so we kept it up as long as we could.

When we had exhausted ourselves, he pulled down the covers and we snuggled together between the silky sheets.

"I have something for you," he said and reached for his jacket. He pulled a box out of one of the pockets and handed it to me. "I hope you like it, Levon helped me pick it out," he said shyly.

I opened the box and saw a diamond hanging from a gold chain. "It's beautiful," I said, "I love it, I didn't expect anything from you. Would you help me put it on?" I lifted my hair so he could fasten it around my neck.

"I'm glad you like it. Now, we've got to get some sleep, I'll have the hotel operator wake us at six so we can take a shower. You need to rest, we have a long night ahead of us."

I was dreaming about a phone ringing. I always turn my phone off at night, why was it ringing now? I opened my eyes and sat up, startled. Where was I? Why was it dark? I looked around nervously trying to figure out where I was.

"Hey, you're just disoriented," he put his arms around me to reassure me, "We'll take a shower and go to soundcheck, then we'll get dinner. You must have needed that nap."

The shower did make me feel better. I was rinsing out my hair when I felt his hands on me. He was pulling me back against him and I thought, again?

His mustache tickled my neck, "I'm only trying to make up for lost time," he said mischievously.

"You're going to wear me out!" I objected and he laughed.

He dried off and went into the bedroom to get dressed. I dried my long hair then put on the dress I had bought at an Indian import shop. It was embroidered around a vee-neck and waist with flowers that had tiny mirrors in the center. The dark pink color was more flattering than Gina's dress. I'd bought some low heeled pink sandals to go with it and after I did my makeup I felt, well, pretty.