"Sage." Elizandra wheezed.

"Direwolf." Sage hisses back. Elizandra took out her claws and slashed across her face. "Ah!" Sage's head whips to the side; four gashes across her cheek. She then throws Elizandra across the living room; the table of liquor breaking her fall. Caroline lunges to attack her but she's quickly thrown on the ground.

"I'm not here for you. I'm here for them."

"killed him, Sage. Leave Elizandra out of this." Stefan tried to reason. Elizandra panted as she retracted shards of glass from her lower back. Her eyes were glowing red and her fangs were poking out of their top and bottom gums.

"She was apart of it!" Sage spat. "But I guess I'm already dead aren't I?" She refers to the wounds on her face. Elizandra rose to her feet and snarls at her. "That's right, show your wolf." Sage encouraged as she readied herself for the fight. But, before Elizandra could transition, Sage began to cough and her nose started to bleed.

"Sage?" Her minion, Troy, voiced. Then, she starts coughing up blood. Elizandra—still with her claws, red eyes, and fangs—looks at Stefan, confused.

"Troy, help me!" Sage pleads.

Elizandra was about to attack Troy, but there was no point. As he reaches Sage, he began to cough up blood as well.

"Elena, what did you do?" Elizandra gives her a pointed look, and Elena widens her eyes and furrows her brows.

"What—nothing! I'm just as lost." Elena defends.

"Some hidden doppelganger powers?" Elizandra suggests as she steps over Sage's corpse to better view her face. It was completely turned to stone.

"You're the one who scratched her with your frickin' claws!" Caroline points out hysterically.

"Death by the claws or bite of a Direwolf lasts for days, and they definitely don't turn to stone." Elizandra informs her in a matter-of-factly tone of voice.

"And Doppelgängers don't possess any supernatural powers." Stefan says lowly whilst his eyes were fixated on the two mysterious deaths.

"What the hell happened then?" Elizandra knelt down and flicked Sage's hard stoned faced.

"She just died!" Elena gasps.

Elizandra rolls her eyes and stands. "Thank you, Sherlock. Helpful." Elena huffs in responds.

"So, Sage and this Troy guy die within an hour of Finn." Caroline speculates.

Elizandra knits her brows and nods, "Good observation, Care." She genuinely says. Elena's mouth parted in disbelief and turns to Stefan.

"But why?" Stefan asks the million dollar question.

"Maybe Sage was so in love with Finn she just died of sadness."Caroline suggests.

Elizandra cringes, "That's ridiculous. I'd never fall in love if that's case."

"Are you even ... capable?" Stefan asks, catching them all by surprise and even himself as he apologizes almost immediately, "Uh — I don't ... know where that came from." His voice falters at the end.