Chapter 14: Three Makes A Pack

Jack's Pov
The majority of the day was spent very much the same way yesterday was spent with Ethan. While I didn't get as sick as Ethan got, I still felt pretty bad physically. I was warm all day as well as nauseous and it just felt like I had a case of the flu. Despite all of it, I managed to have a pretty fun day. Ethan, Mark, Tyler, and I all played video games together for a while and I managed to even record a video for my channel that would edit sometime later.

Ethan looked absolutely exhausted from last night and I don't really blame him. At one point he fell asleep in the middle of a round of Gang Beasts and leaned against Tyler like he was a pillow. Mark and I looked over at them suspiciously, both of us speculating if they were dating or not. On one hand, they often were cuddly but on the other hand, they just were that type of friends. Tyler caught us looking though and admitted that they were dating but they had gotten together a couple of days ago right after Ethan was bitten. Mark and both were excited and happy for them and gave our congrats but we jokingly got excited over knowing. We all laughed and Tyler eventually took Ethan upstairs so he could sleep properly without being woken up. When Tyler came back downstairs, we went back to what we were doing as if nothing had happened.

Time passed through the day like it was nothing and now I was upstairs by myself, waiting to transform. I had decided to be prepared in case I transform early like Ethan so it was around that time. I nervously glanced at my watch to see that it was five minutes till nine right before a dull ache started in my chest. I knew exactly what it was so I tried not to panic as it spread through my whole body. The keyword was "tried" though because it was still as terrifying as fuck. The pain started to quickly replace the aches and both my heart rate and my breathing sped up. My hands started to shake and I looked at them to see my nails grow into black claws. It didn't take very long after that before the intensifying pain became too much and I passed out.

When I woke up again, I saw Mark's face hovering over me. I immediately tried to scramble up from shock but I kept falling back down, not really used to my new dog-ish form. I eventually did manage to sit up against the wall and looked around to see that everyone was there in the room with me, even Ethan was there, just in his wolf form. Quickly I calmed myself down and smiled slightly.

"Sorry," Mark apologized. "Didn't mean to scare you." I nodded, trying to say "it's ok" without talking since I assumed couldn't really talk right now. Mark got the message though and smiled slightly. For the rest of the night, the others stayed with me and we all did random things until we got tired enough to sleep.

The same thing happened for the next to nights. The only thing that was different was on the last night, Mark taught both Ethan and me how to change back to our human forms after the nightly transformation. Unfortunately, I did have to leave the morning after those two nights. The trip was alright and the portion of it that was overnight I ended up locking myself in the plane's bathroom until I changed to my wolf form and back.

After everything all three of us had been through together, at least one thing was clear. The three of us were a pack. Family, if we hadn't already been before. We never did find the person who cursed Mark but it didn't really matter anymore after a year or two. The three of us got used to it and never really cared that we were werewolves anymore. It sort of became a part of everyday life as a fact and it made us grow closer together in a way. Mushy feelings aside, I really don't mind being a werewolf. Sure it has its struggles sometimes but that's only sometimes. The rest of the time, the benefits and the good parts far outweigh the bad things about it. Now Mark, Ethan, and I will occasionally get together on a full moon and just have fun with it.

Besides, everything's worked out great and we get our abilities stronger every day. Nobody outside the group knows about our secret and we continue life as normal as we ever would without the werewolf power and such. Nothing could possibly go wrong from here.

Right..?

Thank you all so much for reading this fic! I appreciate all of you bunches who read the book when it first started out and stuck with it the whole time and for new readers who just read it at all. This really is the end of the book and I sadly don't plan to make a sequel, series, or prequel to it so thank you all again! And as I say: Peace, Love, and Read on everyone!