Chapter 4: Just A Dream

Mark's Pov
The next morning, I woke up to the sun shining through the curtains and onto my face, much to my displeasure. I felt that I was so tired I could sleep the whole day and I probably would have if it weren't for the morning sun. So, I decided to get up anyway. I slowly blinked open my eyes and looked around the room. I sat up slightly and stretched out my arms. Wait. My arms?!

I froze and my eyes widened. I quickly put my hands out in front of me. They were normal! I quickly felt around myself. Hair, face, chest, everything! All normal! I was my normal self again but...does that mean that last night was a dream? No, it couldn't have been. I have the fucking video proof for it. Then what the hell is going on...? As I was thinking about all of this, my hands had subconsciously moved to my head and began to tug at my hair in confusion. So much so that it snapped me out of my confusing thoughts as they gave a particularly harsh pull.

"Ow," I exclaimed. Amy stirred next to me and I immediately shut up. I waited a few seconds to see if she would go back to sleep or not. Unfortunately, I wasn't so lucky. I quickly laid back down on the bed and appeared to be asleep. Amy sat up next to me. "Mark," she asked tiredly. I pretended to stir awake before sitting up.

"Yeah," I asked, faking a yawn to make Amy think I had just woken up. Of course, she saw right through me and gave me a look that told me she knew the truth. I sighed in defeat.

"Fine," I said, "I've already been awake for a while. Sorry for waking you." Amy smiled, leaning over and kissing my cheek.

"It's alright," she said. I smiled softly and gladly accepted the small peck of her lips on my cheek. Amy gently stretched before throwing the blankets off of her and getting out of the bed. "Let's get some breakfast," she said. I nodded and got out of bed as well. Breakfast sounded like a very good idea considering I hadn't eaten a lot the day before.

The two of us walked downstairs to the kitchen together. Amy began to make toast for herself while I grabbed a pan and a plate. I then went over to the fridge and pulled out the carton of eggs, grabbing two and putting the rest of the carton back into the fridge. I turned on the stove, cracked the eggs, and began to cook my breakfast. A few minutes later, the eggs finished cooking and I carefully placed them onto the plate I had laid out with the spatula I was cooking with. I decided to let my food cool for a bit on the counter before I would eat, so I went out into the living room and sat on the couch.

Almost immediately after I sat down, Chica and Henry padded over to me excitedly as if I had been gone for years instead of a few minutes while I was cooking. I smiled softly and began to play with my two puppers as they had brought dog toys with them. Today they seemed more hyper than usual. The two dogs were being noisier than they normally were, even more so than when the doorbell rings. Plus, they were playing a bit more aggressively and energetically than usual. It was especially Chica acting like this. I understood a bit for Henry's part as he was more of a puppy than Chica was, but Chica is a relatively calm dog. She was so energetic while playing with me, even Amy noticed this.

"Looks like someone's a bit hyper today," she commented with a smile. I nodded in agreement and gently set the dog toy down, leaving Henry and Chica to play with each other and the toy. I pushed aside the moment of slight weirdness and walked back into the kitchen so I could eat my breakfast. I grabbed the plate of eggs and a fork and sat down at the table in the dining room. Ethan and Tyler came downstairs just as I began to eat. Ethan sat down on the couch in the living room while Tyler walked into the kitchen. I smiled at him. "Morning Tyler," I said. Tyler smiled back as he turned on the coffee pot.

"Morning Mark. How are you feeling today?"

I shrugged. Physically, I was perfectly fine. Mentally was a completely different story. I was so confused and terrified of what had happened the night before. I didn't even have a clue as to how to describe it or what to say about it.

"Better actually," I finally replied, settling on the simple. For now, I would just put a pin into what happened and have a good, normal day. Tyler nodded and grabbed a coffee mug while the machine signaled it was ready to make coffee.

"That's good. Don't want you to get super off schedule because you're sick, now do we," he asked, chuckling. I chuckled softly and nodded. Quickly, I finished my breakfast and put my plate and utensils in the sink. I then walked out into the living room again, sitting on the couch between Amy and Ethan.

"Morning Ethan," I said and smiled softly at him. Ethan smiled back and yawned softly.

"Morning," he mumbled tiredly. The rest of the morning was spent pretty uneventful and quiet before I went upstairs to record videos for the day. At the time, I didn't even think to look at the video of my transformation while I was in the recording room. Instead, I had chosen to get work, well, "work" done for the day. I stayed in the recording room for hours, almost for the rest of the morning until I ended a video and decided to eat lunch.

After eating with everyone, I went back to the recording room and recorded another video. I had two videos ready to edit so I was satisfied with work for that day. I quickly posted a different video I had edited yesterday and went back downstairs to spend time with everyone. When I walked in, everyone was still in the living room. Amy was sitting in the armchair, scrolling through her phone with a soft smile on her face. Ethan and Tyler sat on the couch together while they were playing a video game. I smiled softly and chuckled as it was clear Tyler was winning whatever they were playing. I could tell since Ethan had his face scrunched up in concentration and Tyler was smirking with a calm face.

I walked into the kitchen and checked the time on my phone, seeing it was almost a quarter to ten. Geez, recording and editing takes a shit ton of time. I put my phone back in my pocket and gently shrugged, brushing it off. Since I had been snacking while I was editing, I wasn't really hungry. Instead, I just grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge and went back out into the living room. I sat next to Ethan and smiled at them, placing my water down on the coffee table in front of the couch and picking up a controller.

"Mind if I join," I asked. The two of them nodded and let me join. All three of us all happily played the game together and before I knew it, it was ten o' clock. As soon as the last second ticked down to ten, a switch flipped again inside me. My body immediately began to grow hotter and my hands became shaky. I suddenly dropped my controller as I started to breathe heavily. My hand clasped around my wrist in a weak attempt to try to stop the shaking and the increasing pain in my hands and fingers.

"No, no, no...! Not again...! It can't be happening again! It was just a dream...! It was just a fucking dream...!"