Chapter Thirteen~ Ready

I was stunned that he had asked me such a question. Does he not think that Reth would ask me first? Did he really think I was going to say yes? I opened my mouth to answer, but I was saved by Reth. "You should go get ready, Annie," he said looking at Will with a daring look.

"Ok I'll be done soon," I said to Reth I stood up, kissed him, and walked away.

My heart was beating quickly as I rushed to my room. What the hell was that? I hope Reth isn't too hard on him. A pop caught my attention, "Well that was entertaining."

I sighed, "Did you see what happened after?"

"Of course I did." I waited for her to spill the beans, but she just stared at me, "What?"

"Well, are you going to tell me?"

"Oh! You want me to tell you? I mean it wasn't even that bad," I raised an eyebrow at her, "All he did was yell at him, geez."

"Thank you."

I walked towards the dress on the table. It was so beautiful. I felt like I shouldn't even be able to wear something like this. It looked like it was fit for a queen, and only a queen.

I pulled the dress over my hips, the dress almost getting caught there. I tugged on it softly and wiggled the rest of it on.

There was no full mirror to see what I looked like, but I felt beautiful. I felt like a queen. I walked into the bathroom and looked at the reflection. The deep blue of the dress made my skin look like it had a slight glow to it. Sengen was in the other room finding a pair of shoes for me. Haley sat on my shoulder, "You look beautiful, Annie."

"Thank you Hails. I feel like it."

"I found a few pairs of shoes that might go with the dress," Sengen's voice was muffled by the shoe he was dragging out of the closet. He had three pairs including the ones Reth bought me. The ones Reth bought were meant for the dress, but I thought they might be a little over the top. They were a deep blue and had a four inch heel. The straps weaved around my legs and disappeared above the ankle. They were also covered in gems that changed color with the angle of light, fake of course. Sengens pairs were plain and didn't seem to be good enough.

I had to choose the pair from Reth. I slipped my foot through the first one. The straps wandered up my leg like morning glories. The gems sparkled with the sun. I got the other one on and stood up. I twirled for Sengen, "how do I look?"

"You look great, but you could use something more," I watched as he flew over to the jeweled box that sat on the dresser. He messed around in it looking for something. He pulled out two items and flew back to me. "Wear these," he said holding a pair of earrings with his talons. They were long and white, they had blue gems on the end of them.

"They're beautiful Sengen. Thank you," I said. I went to the bathroom and hooked them in my ears. "Haley can you zip me," I asked.

Sengen poked his head in the bathroom, "Who's Haley?"

"Oh--um, imaginary friend?" Segen cocked his head and gave me a weird look, "Don't worry about it." He shrugged and left the bathroom.

Haley pulled the zipper up with a few grunts, "Only--you can-- see-- me." The zipper fell into place, "Gosh that thing was heavy."

"Are you ready Annie," a soft knock came from my door.

"Yes. You can come it."

He opened the door slowly. I watched as he took in the dress. His eyes widened and his mouth fell open," Wow. I was right that dress looks amazing on you," he breathed. "I have something for you," he said, pulling a tiny box out of his pocket. He opened it and pulled out a stunning necklace. I gasped. "I'll put it on for you," Reth went behind me. I moved my hair. He clasped it, and kissed my cheek, "I'll see you outside."

I admired my necklace. The chains fell around my shoulders like white waterfalls. The Pendant was in the shape of a raindrop. It was a small cage and inside of it was another raindrop that was blue. When the light hit it it sent colors along my collarbone. I gasped and turned fully into the light. The blue pendant started to glow and sparkle. It sent even more strips of color along my chest. I smiled, " Come on, Sengen."

Sengen flew over to me and gently placed himself on my shoulder. Careful with his talons on the fabric. I rubbed his neck and opened the door. Reth was standing at the bow of the ship talking to Will. I walked towards them quietly.

"It's been awhile since we've actually talked," Will said looking over to Reth.

"Yes. It has," Reth replied.

"What are we going to talk about," I asked. Reth jumped and turned around. Will's jaw dropped. Reth reached over and closed his mouth. I held back a giggle, "What do you think?"

"Where did you get the dress," Will asked, his eyes moving from my legs to my face.

"Reth bought it for me," I said walking towards Reth and looping my arm through his. He leaned down and kissed my forehead.

"I see Reth also got something," Will said smirking.

"Yea. Annie picked it out for me," Reth replied. Will glanced at me, but didn't say anything.

"So are we ready to go," I asked looking up at Reth.

"Yes. Yes we are," Reth said looking down at me.