Chapter Twenty-Three ~ Years and Years

Dear Mom and Dad.

I have decided to come visit. Considering it has been a few years since our last. I have missed you all terribly. Yes, even the boys. We will be docking at Dars Docks in Veriana. Hopefully you are all at the summer home.

~Your beloved daughter, Annie.

"Land ho!" Sengen squawked. Finally we were here. Three years have passed since I've seen Mom and Dad. Three entire years since I had gotten Celestial. Time really does fly when you're having fun with the ones you love.

Sengen flew down to me from the crows nest. I singled to Reth, who was a the sails. He looked up from pulling at the mast. We shared a smile. He locked the sails in place by tying the rope securely. He ran over to us quickly. He took me into his arms and kissed me sweetly. I heard Sengen grumble loudly to get our attention. Reth pulled away from me with a kiss to my forehead.

"Direction?"Reth asked.

"Starboard," Sengen said, landing on my shoulder. Reth nodded and ran back to the sails. He unraveled the rope and tugged on it. The sails slowly shifted. Facing the starboard side of the ship. I squinted into the fog, a thunderous storm sat in waiting behind it. Sure enough, the trees of Veriana showed Slightly.

Haley spoke in my ear, "Is this a good idea?"
"Of course it is. We've been gone for three years. They all have to miss us by now."
"I'm talking about the fact that it is summer. The King and Queen are housed at the Summer Palace."

I hadn't thought about that, but there was no way Raymond knew we were here. I would have loved to visit Clara, but... That would not happen, "The Queen was assassinated Haley. You know that. She will not be there. She would've been the only reason I visited the Summer Palace."

Haley stayed quiet and went over to Duke. The only other living thing on this ship that could see her.

I watched as we got closer to Dars Docks. Everything came into view. The harbor was full of people, all trying to get their items before the rain fell. Dave came up behind me. Almost giving me a heart attack. "Jesus, Dave! We need to get you a bell or something." Dave was a great member of the crew. He could not talk, but he handled everything with the hands of a master.

He smiled and motioned for the wheel. I handed it off to him. I started walking towards Reth. He pulled me down onto the deck with him. He wrapped his arms around me and placed a kiss on my lips/

"Do you think they got the letter already? I only sent it to my family a few days ago."

"Celestial is fast, but she isn't faster than one boat with a man that has muscles the size of an ox." I giggled. Immediately slapping my hand over my mouth for letting such a grilish gesture leave me. Reth laughed and hugged me even tighter than I thought possible.

"We won't know until we get there."

"Which is soon." I looked ahead of us. He was right. Veriana was growing steadily closer. My nerves spiked to an all time high. My stomach flipped a few hundred times. What would they be like after three years? Would they be mad at me for not coming sooner?

I pulled away from Reth and stood up reluctantly. I made my way back to the wheel. Taking it back from Dave. Dars Docks sat on the sandy beaches of Veriana. Its closest harbor to my family's summer home. I steered towards it. Massive ships sat in its waters. They dwarfed Celestial. Their bottoms touched the sands of the sea. Celestial soared above; gliding along the water's surface. We came closer to the docks.

I could see people running in and out of the shops. There were no palace guards, or if there were, they were making themselves scarce around the possible pirates that littered the decks. I maneuvered Celestial to sail towards an open spot on the docks, which sat between two of the largest ships. If it wasn't for how fast we were coming in, I wouldn't have noticed that the sails were opened entirely. Celestial zipped through the water.