Ch. 41 Back at the pet shop.

(Echo pov)
It's been about a month since the trappers got us and I wish I was home! Aztec is still here because the pet master hasn't had the chance to take him back. I've been eating even though the food has the stuff that keeps us from turning human. I would rather be stuck as a wolf than beaten. But the pet master hasn't beaten me at all. Probably because I came from a pack before. He has actually been nice to me. Aztec gets fresh food since the pet master doesn't know if Asher would be mad that he can't shift to human or not. Aztec has been trying to give me a portion of his food. I don't take it though and I make him eat it. He eats the food and we cuddle. Right now we are cuddling, when Blaze leaves us food and we eat. Then we cuddle again. I miss Asher. My eyes tear up and Aztec nuzzles me. I cuddle up to him for warmth. It's freezing back here. Then the pet master comes back here with a shot. He injects it in Aztec and Aztec fell a sleep. I whimper. "Relax girl he's just a sleep." The pet master said as he pets me. He injected me and I fell into a deep sleep.
When I woke up, the pet master is talking with a doctor. I feel sore. Aztec is awake and looks weak. When he sees I'm awake, he puts his head on top of my head in a loving way. "Ok thanks bye." The pet master said and the doctor left. Then we hear the front door open and the pet master went to greet whom ever it is. A few minutes later the pet master comes in and opens the cage. "Come on boy." He said. Aztec got up and stepped over me. He followed the pet master to the front and I hear him leave with some one. Then the pet master came back later and set food in my cage. I eat it. Then I realize the pet master smells like Asher. I guess Asher took Aztec home. After a few minutes I fell a sleep thinking of my mate.
(Asher pov)
I found Aztec and brought him home. I took him to my room and close the door. "Shift." I said. He shifts to human. "I'm sorry Asher." He said. "I'm not mad. There was nothing you could have done. I just want to know where Echo is." I said. "She is at the same pet shop you got me from." He said. "Ok. Thank you. Now I want you to stay at the castle where you're safe alright?" I ask. He nods. He shifts and I let him out. Well I can't get Echo now. It's dark out. The pet store will be closed. So I went to bed and fell a sleep thinking of my little mate.
When I woke up, Aztec is nudging me. "What?" I ask. He whimpers and shows me a picture of Echo. "Oh you want me to go get Echo." I said. He barks. I sit up and stretch. "All right." I said. I look at the time and then got dressed in the closet. I went to breakfast. I sit down and eat. I got up to go. "Where are you going?" Barren asked. "I finally found Echo. I'm going to get her out of the pet shop she's in." I said. I went to my car and drove to the pet shop. I went in and the pet master smiled at me. I went over. "So I need a new pet. The other two belong to my parents and I want one for me personally." I said. "Please follow me." He said. He shows me all the wolves and they all growl at me. Then we get to Echo who is eating her food a lone in her cage. "This one we found recently. Like a month ago. But she took a liking to the other one you took with you." The pet master said. "I'll take her." I said. He got a leash and clipped it on Echo's collar. He pulls her out and hands me the leash. I pay and went to my car. I let Echo in and drove home. I got out and pick Echo up. I went to my room and I set Echo on the bed. She cuddles with me and I hug her. "I'm so sorry baby." I said. She whimpers and cuddles with me. I pet her and then I set her down. But she grabs my shirt and whimpers. "What? Do you not want to go to dinner?" I ask. Her tail wags and she let go of my shirt. We went to dinner. I sit down and Echo lays down beside me. We eat. "Where's Echo?" Barren asked. "Beside me." I said. He looked on the floor and saw Echo. "Oops sorry I though she would be in human form." Barren said. "I think the pet master gave her the stuff that keeps them from shifting." I said. "Ok. Go to bed you four. You have school tomorrow." Barren said. "Actually I finished all my school work and since we only go for the tests, I only have one more day and it isn't tomorrow." I said. I got up and Echo followed me to my room. She got on the bed and I went to the closet. I change into PJs and went to bed. I lay down on my back and Echo rest her upper half on my stomach. I rest my hand on her head and drifted off to sleep with my mate beside me at last.