Ch. 29 What have I done?

(Asher pov)
I left my room and went to breakfast. My parents and sister hate Echo to. But my brothers still thing that she wouldn't do some thing like that on her own accord. They think Luke said some thing to her to make her do that. As I sit down, they get up and turn to leave. "Where are you two going?" I ask. They both turn just enough to see me and send me a death glare. "What?" I ask. They both shake their heads and start out the door. Then we hear Echo screaming. Duke probably bit her. My brothers clench their jaw and walk to the living room. I hear them turn on the tv. "What's wrong with them?" I ask. "They still think that Echo was forced to do that or Luke said some thing to." Barren said. I finish my breakfast and join my brothers. When they see me, they start to get up. "Wait please stay." I said. They glare at me and sit down. They watch the news. I turn my attention to the tv. Then on the tv they show a lost puppy. "You know that reminds me of Echo." Chase said. "You know you're right." Felipe said. Honestly they are right. I just wish she didn't betray me. I wish she was still in my arms cuddling up to me. I sigh. "Although Echo is much cuter." Chase added. I roll my eyes. He is such a flirt. We watch tv for a while. Then Felipe sighs. "What?" I ask. "I just miss the old Echo." He said. "The one that never left your side. The one that you loved unconditionally." Felipe added. "The one that wasn't afraid." Chase said. As they talk I get really mad and upset. My eyes up a little. Because the truth is I miss that Echo to. But she doesn't want me. So I don't want her either. "Stop." I said suddenly. "Just stop talking about the brat that betray this family." I growl. They look mad now. "You don't know what actually happened do you? You haven't heard Echo's side of the story have you?" Chase said and with that they left. I'm a little shocked by what he said. I wait for a few minutes, then my curiosity getting the better of me I went to there room and knocked. "Come in." I hear and I open the door. Felipe is working at his desk and Chase is sitting on their bed reading some thing. But what I notice right away are the tears running down his face. "Chase are you ok?" I ask. He wipped his eyes and set the book down. "Yeah I'm fine. Just a really sad part in the book and it got to me." He said. "What book is it?" I ask. "It's some thing you shouldn't read out of a book." He said as he came over to me. "It's some thing you need to hear for your self and not from us." Felipe said as he got up and came over. "What?" I ask. They sigh. "So what did you mean by what actually happened?" I ask. "That's not some thing we should be telling you." Chase said. "I'm sure Echo would tell you if you would just listen." Felipe added. "Fine if you won't tell me then I guess I won't find out. Because I won't listen to any of her lies." I growl and left. I went to my room and I look at Echo. She is unconscious in the cage. Then I notice her arm. The blanket I gave her is rapped around it like a bandage. I work on my paper work for a while and then there's a knock at the door. "What?!" I ask. "I just need to talk to you." I hear Chase say. I went to the door and let him in. He looks at Echo and sighs. "What do you need to talk about?" I ask after I close the door. He takes a deep breath. "Echo didn't betray you. Luke threatened her. He said that if she struggles against him then he would punish her severely. She did struggle against him but then he growled and she didn't do any thing else to scared to. Then you came in and dragged her back." Chase said. "Who told you this?" I ask. "Echo." He said. "Yeah likely story." I said. He sighs. "Fine if you don't believe me, read her mind or read her dairy." Chase said. "What diary?" I ask. "I gave her one so I could figure how she is." Chase said. "How?" I ask. "I uh put a spell on her diary that I gave her, so what ever she writes in the book she has will appear in this book. So I could read it." He said as he showed me the book he was reading earlier. He put it up and went to the cage. He open the door and dug around. He pulled out a book from under Echo and closed the cage. He came to me and handed me the book. I take it. "If you still don't believe me when your finished then we can forget I said any thing. But if you still hate Echo when your done then I want her." He said. "Fine." I said. He left and I sat on my bed. I turn to the first page in Echo's diary and start to read.
Dear diary,
       Today is the first day since Luke kissed me. Asher beat me again and drank from me. I just wish I could tell him what Luke said. What Luke did to make me go a long with him. That Luke threatened to severely punish me if I go against him. That he made me to scared to stand up for my self. I just want my Asher back. I want my mate back. Oh Asher is waking up I have to go. Love Echo.
When I finished read that I felt like some one had punched me in the gut. I can't believe she didn't tell me. Oh wait. She tried but I was to stupid to listen. I read through the rest of the book and most of it says the same thing. Echo wants to die. I noticed that each page had a different picture at the top. It's mostly a variety of pictures. Like of me drinking or beating her and some of us cuddling or hugging and even a few of me kissing her lips. On the last page it's a drawing of her laying on the grassy flower and a knife in her chest. Then I notice a figure in the drawing that seems to be walking away. It's me. She thinks I hate her. I look down at the page and I find it's damp with tears.
Dear diary,
      It's been two months since Asher got me from Luke. I hate my life! I wish the night mare would end. I want to leave this earth. Asher has been teasing me with a knife to my neck now and every time I mentally plead with him to just run me through. The beatings have gotten worse and he's taking more blood from me every day. If he keeps this up, I'll die soon. I hope he does. Just so I can feel peace again. No body cares for me. Except Chase and Felipe. I have heard Asher talking to them and that they want me. I hope Asher gives me to them. Maybe then I might be out of this night mare. Maybe they will be at least a little nicer to me. But I just want my Asher back. I can't wait for this night mare to end. Can't wait for the day I die. I can't wait. If Asher keeps up the way he's going it should be soon. That happy day when my eyes close for good. When my soul goes into an eternal sleep. I miss the the way Asher would whisper in my ear I will protect you baby. I miss the way we would cuddle. I miss Asher. I miss family. I miss Aztec. I miss every thing that was once good in my life. But I'm constantly weak because Asher isn't accepting the mate bond and it's slowly killing me. So I have decided that if I'm not dead in a week then I will kill my self. Good bye world. Oh Asher's waking up. Love Echo.
When I finish my eyes tear up. Looking back on the last two months I really should have listened to her side of the story. I look over at the unconscious Echo and tears run down my face. I can't believe she wants to kill herself. I sigh. Even in her sleep she had a look of terror. Then she shivers and I set her diary down on the bed. I grab a thinker blanket and went to the cage. I open it and kneel down to Echo. I put the blanket on Echo and her expression softened just a little. I smile a little with teary eyes. A tear runs down my face and I whip it away. I kiss Echo's cheek and close the cage. But I don't lock it. I went back to my bed. I pick up her diary and my eyes tear up again. I hear Echo cough and moan. I grab her diary and went to the closet. I grab some new clothes for her and peek around the corner. I see her looking around. I guess for her diary. I walk out with the dairy behind my back. I stand a few feet from her cage. "Looking for some thing?" I ask as I hold up her diary for her to see. She looks at me and terror instantly fills her eyes and she scoots back. She lowers her head in submission and I sigh. "Master, I uh." She stammers. "Echo." I said softly. She stopped talking and kind of looked up at me. I drop the diary and went to the cage. She backs up a little. I kneel down and open the cage. She shakes with fear. I gently take her chin and make her look at me. "I'm sorry." I said. I kiss her forehead and hug her. She backs out of my arms though and my eyes tear up a little. "Echo please I'm sorry baby. I'm such an idiot for ever thinking you would even think of doing some thing like that." I said. "Ok Master." She said quietly. I sigh and picks her up. She grabbed on to my shirt to keep herself steady. I sigh and get up. I went to the bed and I gently lay her down. She let go of my shirt. Even though I wish she didn't. I move to go to the couch. "Wait." Echo said as she grabs my arm and I look at her. "Please stay." She said. I smile a little and sit beside her. I pull her up to me and she rapped her arms around my neck. "Why?" I ask. "I'm scared." She said. I lay down with her in my arms and she fell a sleep. I kiss her forehead and rest my hand on her head. Pushing her head gently to my chest. "I'm sorry baby." I whisper and drift off to sleep.