Chapter 17: A Bro Emergency

Marinette woke up extra early to go on a run and do her training exercises. She managed to do three consecutive flips in the park before she ran back home and took a shower. She got dressed quickly, did her hair, and then reached for her purse. She felt a sudden void when she was reminded that Tikki wasn't there.

She got to school five minutes early and watched as all of the other students filed in. It had been so long since she had actually arrived early that it was nice to sit back in her chair without being a state of panic over homework or a project or anything. But when her best friend Alya came in she seemed a lot less talkative then normal. She frowned as she watched Nino come in and sit in the seat in front of them. Mari was about to ask what that look was for when she remembered the Soulbreakers verse that hit Alya. 

She silent thought of a few ways to help her friends get back in sync when the door opened and a new kid came through the door. He was absolutely gorgeous and perfect from his perfect hair to his perfect smile to his perfect... well everything. He flashed her a dazzling smile and she smiled politely back. Looks weren't everything. Chloé, Lila and well a lot of beautiful people were evidence that beauty is only skin deep. Plus Mari had Chat, whose magnetic confidence, strength and reliability, and even his over-the-top sense of humor was incomparable to anyone. And he was really hot, even if the mask covered most of his face. But just out of curiosity, she turned to whisper to Alya. "Check out the new kid. Where did he come from?"

Alya crossed her arms. "Are you serious right now? I'm so not in the mood for jokes..." Alya got her things then moved to the back of the room to sit next to Alix. Mari stared for a moment at her friend before looking back at the new kid.

"Hi," he said with another smile.

"Hi. I'm Marinette Dupain-Cheng." She offered her hand for a polite handshake. He took her hand and held it for a moment too long.

"I'm Adrien," he said quietly as if he didn't want anyone else to overhear.

Oh, he's Adrien. She was about to ask him a few questions when Ms. Bustier started class. It was Kim's turn to present his project which was about him doing a comparative analysis on what sport was the best sport in the world. Needless to say, his project did not catch her interest. Her mind wandered to her application, designs, training for the Guardian, and the bakery. She wondered what her parents would do with the bakery shut down for a few days. It would be a huge loss of income. Maybe if Marinette could get a job she could help. Of course, if she got the fashion internship at Agreste fashions it would solve a lot of her problems.

Her inner thoughts were interrupted when she noticed Adrien looking at her occasionally. He looked away once their glances collided. When the bell rang Mari went to her locker quickly so that she would have extra time to run after Alya, but she was too fast. She found another spot in the back of the class and Mari was left to sit in the front alone. Adrien looked over at the seat next to her. "Is this seat taken?"

She shook her head, looking again to the back of the room where  Alya was still casting annoyed looks Mari's way. "By you, if you want." She smiled at him. 

This is when Chloé came over and wrapped her arms around Adrien in a very awkward hug. "Oh, Adrikins. I know we don't have to sit together all the time, but I wanted to remind you that I really enjoyed having breakfast with you this morning. I'll make sure you'll get nothing but the best now that we are living together." 

Adrien gaped at Chloé as he removed her clingy arms from his person, "In your hotel! In a separate room. Seriously Chloé?" He said this a little too loudly and the whole class stared at them. 

Chloé only smiled. "Silly Adrikins. That's what I meant." She smiled confidently until she noticed that Mari didn't seem to be bothered about what she had said. She flipped her blonde hair in frustration and went to sit next to her bestie, Sabrina. All throughout class, it looked like he was trying to think of something to say, but he never managed to say anything. She gave him a friendly smile. She couldn't believe a guy that looked like him could be shy, so it was probably something else on his mind. 

Just my Luck -Book 1जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें