List of characters

Gaby—a graphic designer of some talent and a woman who staked her future on moving to a small village in Scotland

Jack—Gaby's boyfriend. Mean, moody, magnificent. Also bears a resemblance to Jamie Fraser stroke the actor Sam Heughan. His much better-looking younger brother, as Jack would tell you.

Mildred—their fabulous, and fabulously-spoiled cat.

Katya—Gaby's best friend, a freelance writer, Pilates aficionado and talker of much sense.

Dexter—her boyfriend, an American too fond of hyperbole and long working hours.

Caitlin Cartier—a 'self-made' reality TV star billionaire at the age of 21, thanks to the beauty company she set up. Some of you might think she is based on a real-life person. The author refers you to the front of her book where she tells you everything in this book is fiction and any resemblance to real-life characters co-incidental.

Hyun-Ki—a hyper-talented South Korean graphic designer. Loves cats.

Mhari—a 'friend' of Gaby's and to date the nosiest woman in the world.

Lachlan Forrester—Mhari's on/off boyfriend. Upon reflection, he prefers the 'off' status.

Psychic Josie aka Dr McLatchie aka Caroline—Jack's mum, a GP who has embraced her side hustle as a psychic full time, the side hustle she freely admits is complete fraud.

Jolene—a New Zealander ex-pat and new mum with weird taste in boyfriends.

Stewart—boyfriend of the above. Worshipper of all things porridge and alcoholic.

Ashley—owner of the Lochside Welcome in Lochalshie, where you will find the one of the world's most Instagrammable toilets, and a man desperate for business.

Nanna Cooper—Gaby's gran and the woman who could manage Brexit if only those daft politicians stood aside and let her.

Zac—posh, blonde. Unspeakable.