DB16

Instead of waking up like she normally had Siana was woken to feeling slightly colder, her body curling into a tightly knitted ball to hold heat. A low grunt made an eye slowly flutter open. It caught the dark figure looming over her, and for a split second she didn’t care. Sleep still curved her mind.

“Get up, we have work to do.” He sounded grumpier, less easy to listen to. But with tired eyes Siana pushed off the warm bed rubbing both eyes with a long yawn. She looked to a window and groaned softly. Even the sun was still sleeping in.

Feet hit the soft fur of a rug before Siana managed to gather everyday clothes. Moving to the bath she changed, a process that seemingly took longer than War wanted it to. He let an annoyed growl a few minutes into her dressing as a way to hurry her along. Somehow she managed to forget her shoes and slapped her face, feeling foolish for not paying attention.

Walking out Siana looked around, before a frown of confusion smeared over her lips. She could of sworn she’d left them near the bed. His large frame blocked out some of the flickering light from a dying fire. Sticking a hand out War handed her a newer pair of boots. Their leather much cleaner than the ones she had before, while the soles bore no holes from everyday use.

Lifting her eyes to him, Siana was about to say something when he nodded and walked off. Chewing on her bottom lip she decided it best to just put them on and hurry it up before he grew even more uneasy.

Every door was shut tight as they walked down the hall in utter silence. Siana had thought it would of been a little more lively than this, but perhaps everyone was doing what she wished she could be. Shaking the thought out of her head she kept up with War.

He took her down a flight of stairs and around a back way to the backyard. Torches were already lit as though he’d been here long before waking her.

Once able to stand still allowing her eyes to take in what the large room held. Weapons of all makes lined each wall. Racks holding what looked to be wooden ones leaned peacefully. Grabbing two wooden swords, War tossed one her way.

“That is a Bokken. Its made of bamboo, but will still hurt should you get a blow. We will practice with these till you are able to guard yourself better.” Siana moved the blade, her eyes inspecting it thoroughly.

“Bokken?” Her head tilted to the new word. War nodded flipping the sword as if it were just another ligament.

“Made by Japanese craftsmen.” Siana raised both brows. Just what was he talking about. With a grunt War moved over to her.

“When you're not training, you’ll studie. When you're not studying you should be eating or sleeping. Understood?” Siana nodded.

“Yes” Though she didn’t fully understand, she thought it best not to ask more question when he looked ready to be more physical than vocal. Circling her, the smooth end of his blade pressed to one shoulder War watched her.

“You won out of sheer luck. Had Griffin been half as knowledgeable of your skill he’d of killed you. Your stance is off, your balance needs work.” That sword cracked against her hip nearly knocking her to the floor.