DB14

Muscles jolted awake to the ringing of a low toned bell. Yawning War raised both arms cracking his back along with them. His head swiveled in Siana’s direction, still sound asleep she’d more than likely be able to sleep through a thunderstorm if given the chance. Part of him was pleased she was so easily adapting to being in here, while another part of him grew worried about what would become of her once he left again.

He’d stay as long as he could, but there was a part of him that needed a different kind of a release.

Pushing up while walking to her. A light nudge to her shoulder gave way to a whine of complaint, chuckling he nudged her again.

“Rise young one, time to eat.” She yawned nodding while one hand fisted rubbing eyes. Wiggling toes caught his eyes, watching her War looked down at her shoes. The holes clear as a sunny day lead him to frown. He’d be seeing to some new shoes for her as well.

Siana didn’t seem to notice him eyeing her as she slipped her coverings back on. Standing next to the bed she waited for him to lead. Turning back to her, he headed out the door. Eager to see what she did War made it to the dining hall before most. Unafraid what anyone would say or do should he walk in first. Unlike Siana who fidgeted the closer they grew to the open door. Eyes turned slightly eying them both, War not giving them any attention.

Though his eyes were a head, he could sense her hesitation. Once passed the thresh he turned a bit getting out of her sight. Like he predicted she didn’t enter. His nostrils flared. Would she really wait for all to enter first before coming in to fill her empty stomach. With too much bark he called for her to come. It wasn’t like he wanted to scold her, but more to get her to stick up for herself.

Slipping inside while some where busy talking, Siana tucked herself close to his side. He turned an eye downward to her, a brow rose along with a few wrinkles creasing his forehead.

“Come” Walking on leaving her to face the looks. It didn’t take long for her to scurry back to his side, keeping up with his longer strides.

With every step he took Siana swore he was lengthening them. It caused her to almost run just to keep in pace. Once they passed all main tables, she began to worry. The only other table left was the head, one of where warriors ate, drank and laughed of merry things. Children or youngsters were not allowed to be at such a table. More for the vulgar speech than anything, but also to keep men of power where they should be.

When War took up a seat in the middle, his legs glided over the long wooden bench made out of a single tree that ran the whole length of the table. Sian gulped down the bile taste that dared to spill all over the freshly waxed floors. War turned his head flashing his eyes in warning, with stiff legs Siana pushed herself to walk forward.

He wouldn’t put her in harms way, right?

The tall lanky male beside her snorted picking up a goblet. Careful not to upset him further she slipped a leg over the bench followed by the other. Hands dipped between her thighs, as eyes lowered in instinct to keep from causing a stir. Unlike normal meals the table fell silent, causing butterflies to flutter unevenly about her blood.

War didn’t seem to notice, either that or he cared not. But Siana began to feel all eyes upon her, they burned like hot irons. If given the chance to flee she’d of taken it without a second thought.