Deciding Point

Do you know what's my birthday wish?

To open my eyes to the truth, to have the strength to let go when it's time to move on and to have the courage to accept that love is not enough to make things work.

Days passed and we tried to live in harmony together, although we still have arguments from time to time. I guess it's always gonna be part of every relationship. 

Sometimes, she's clingy, sometimes she's in a bad mood. Most of the time, I would think that she's always testing my patience to see, up until when I can hold on.

But I ain't perfect and my temper is slowly getting into my nerves that sometimes, I can't stand it anymore.

"So ngayon nagagalit ka na din?!" She burst out during one of our fights.

"Well, wala ba akong karapatang magalit? So ikaw lang ba pwedeng magalit. I'm done na lagi ka na lang iniiintindi!" I shouted back.

She was taken aback.

I realized that my temper is getting really high which may result in something no one would like, and I think I'm scaring her. Well, she's right, I usually don't get mad,  but sometimes you'll just reach your limits. Everything you're keeping will just explode right in front of you.

I was angry at myself too so I punched the bed then took a pillow and with all my strength I threw it towards the door. 

***BLAM***

I need to calm myself or I will lose control. I prayed so hard and closed my eyes as tears begin to fall on my face.

Touch my heart dear God. I prayed while I started to do deep breathing exercises. I didn't bother looking at her. I need to calm down first.

I sat on the side of the bed as I hear her sobs. I'm still avoiding her gaze. I just don't want her to see the anger in my eyes. I felt like the beast in me was unleashed, and she doesn't deserve it.

After a while, I felt her get out of the room. I let her be as I know we both need some space. I tried to dry my tears and continued calming myself.

Moments later, I heard the door opened and I knew she came back. 

"Water B..." She softly said while handing me a glass of cold water.

"Thank you..." I replied before I took the glass and drank from it.

It was refreshing. I felt a lot better.

"I'm sorry B...." I finally told her when I was calmed down.

"I'm sorry too..." She replied.

We hugged each other and again, decided not to talk about it anymore.

Day by day, I'm realizing I'm losing myself and I'm tired of all the drama. But I can't because I want 'US' to work. I love her so much that even if it hurts too much, I'm still trying to hold on. I can't give her up, I can't live without her.

Until I saw this...