Damon gave her a look. "I thought you were against sexism."

She raised a brow at him. "I'd just rather have Jenna distracted so she doesn't get hurt. Nothing sexist about it."

Damon walked over and hid the dagger in the liquor, before turning and wrapping his arms around Echo's shoulder's. He went to say somethings but before he could, the doorbell rang through the house.

When they went to the door, Jenna had beat them to it, and opened the door. John Gilbert stood there in all his smugness. "Who invited him?" Jenna hissed.

"John. Surprise. Leave," Damon stated bluntly.

"When Jenna told me she and my daughter were coming to a dinner party for Elijah, I decided I couldn't miss out on all of the fun and games."

Jenna left the room unimpressed while Echo gave John a glare. "You heard Damon — leave!"

"There are not gonna be any games tonight, John. It's just a friendly dinner party," Ric stated as he walked over, standing next to Echo, placing a hand on her shoulder.

John nodded, looking over to his daughter who shrugged, and said, "What he said." She smirked.

THEY were all seated at the table, having dinner which was surprisingly good, considering Jenna had helped make it.

"I hate to break it to you, Damon," Jenna said all of a sudden as they ate, "But according to Elijah, your family is so not a founder of this town."

"Hmm, do tell."

"Well, as I mentioned to Jenna earlier, a faction of settlers migrated from Salem after the witch trials in the 1690s," Elijah continued, as he met Echo's gaze. "Over the next hundred years they developed this community where they could feel safe from persecution."

"Hmm," Jenna mumbled, amused by his story, and that was exactly what she thought it was ; a story. She had no idea the truth behind everything that Elijah had said. "Because they were witches."

"Yeah, but there's no tangible proof there were witches in Salem," Ric stated, trying to steer clear from the subject.

"Ric here a history buff. Big on facts," Echo stated, winking at Alaric who rolled his eyes at her.

"Well, the lore says that there was this wave of anti-witch hysteria. It broke out in the neighboring settlement, so these witches were rounded up. They were tied to stakes in a field together with groups of women who were believed to be shape shifters and, uh, burned," Elijah elaborated, causing Echo to freeze at the thought of shapeshifters being in this universe, too.

"Ooh, shape shifters! That's really interesting," Jenna practically squealed.

Echo shifted in her seat and froze when Damon grabbed her hand that was sat atop the table. She turned to him and he sent her a concerned smile. He didn't understand why she got all fidgety, but he was there for her no matter what.

"Some say you could hear the screams from miles around us," Elijah added, "They were consumed by the fire. Could you pass the..." he trailed off, pointing to the salt.

"Yeah, I wouldn't repeat this to the historical society," Jenna chuckled.

lIt's starting to sound a little like a ghost story to me," John voiced. But, of course, everyone ignored him.

"So, why do you want to know the location of these alleged massacres?" Echo tried to ask subtly, but Elijah was quick to pick up on what she was doing and raised a brow at her.