Yukine and Hiyori

"Yato we have to hurry and help Hiyori!" Yukine said in an urgent tone. He knew the clock was ticking and it was up to him and his partner Yato to save the one person he cared about. Err wait; the one person they both cared about deeply. It was pretty obvious that Yato holds some form of deeper feelings for Hiyori than he tries to make it out as.

Is it because she is a loyal follower?

A close friend?

Only Yato knows the truth behind how he feels. They both run towards what is an inevitable danger, Yato wielding his partner who is now essentially in sword mode. Thoughts of what situation or situations await.

How much in danger will Hiyori be?

What can they do to save her?

As they arrive at Hiyori's home, they both come to find a building with no signs of an attack, or even burglary. 'This is odd' I spoke to myself. As Yato made his way through the home, making sure they were not underestimating what they were getting themselves into. Eventually, they come to find a perfectly normal, not in danger Hiyori waiting for them in the living room. They both look at her with confusion on their faces. 'She's safe, which is good.' I thought. You see, I've had feelings of more than friendship for her for a while. Though I never said anything because Yato; in a drunken state had let it slip once that he too had feelings for her. As I've let that sink in and thought it through and, I figured he met her first. He has more of a right to be the first to ask her out.

"There's something I need to tell you. Well, that I've been meaning to tell you. I'm sorry that it sounded urgent when it wasn't" I hear Hiyori say as my brain decides to pay attention to the situation, and possible conversation that's going on. My chest pounds thinking that this could be it for the trio friendship, knowing things won't be the same. I see Yato's cheek flush as Hiyori fidgets her fingers nervously, building up the courage to speak up. She began to open her mouth, forming the simple words that managed to shatter my heart in just a moment's notice.

But if course, Yato knows exactly what I was feeling.