"Damien?" I hear a confused voice say. It is clear Hope wasn't aware that I'd be on the other line and neither did I. I stay silent anyway. Despite my anger, I can't help the butterflies in my stomach when I hear her voice. Zach was right. I'm fucking whipped. And I wish I wasn't.

"Damien is that you?"

"Uh, yeah it's me."

"Damien! I'm so sorry. I should've told you s-"

"How's your father?" I ask harshly.

"He's... in a coma. We aren't sure if he's going to wake up. But the press don't know that." She says pointedly.

"Oh so now we're sharing secrets?" I can't help the tone of my voice. I know she's going through shit right now, but I can't be there for her. I can't.

"Damien I-"

"I hope your dad makes it. I do. Have a nice life. Maybe the next person you find won't be such a dumbass," I say bitterly.

"Damien-" She starts to say but I hang up before she can finish.

"Good day, gentlemen," I slur before slamming it once again. I make sure to call out, "You break it, you pay for it!" before collapsing back onto the couch.

The reporter on the screen continues her monologue. "There's been speculations about whether or not Vice President Andrew Rodriguez will be sworn in as the President, but the White House are still remaining silent. There is no word on the shooter or whether or not this is a terrorist attack. The White House are keeping a tight lid on this and we're unsure..."

I reluctantly get up off the couch and grab the car keys. I need more liquor.

Hope's POV

I slowly open my eyes to bright lights until it focuses and I realize I'm on a hospital bed. I turn my head and see my father, tubes still attached to him. Since when did I fall asleep? Since when did they even bring a second bed? Last night had been a blur. I sit up groggily, my head aching.

I suddenly remember my mom handing me a phone and refusing to tell me who it is. I'm sure she believed I would feel better when I spoke to him, and maybe I would've if he didn't break up with me. Did he? It sounded like one.

I bite my lip to fight against the emotions swarming in my chest. I can't be angry. This is all my fault. I should've come clean, I should've been honest. Why did I hold back for so long? I rest my head in my hands. I'm such a freaking idiot.

The door opens and my mom walks in, a cup in her hand. "You're finally awake. You've been sleeping for so long. How are you feeling?"

I honestly hate when people ask me that because it's harder to control my emotions then. As soon as she asks me, tears start falling down my cheeks and I press my palms against my eye in an attempt to stop the current. "He broke up with me, mom," I answer shakily.

"Oh, honey," She says, sitting besides me and stroking my hair. It makes me cry even harder. The door opens soon again. I open my eyes to see an agent holding a brown paper bag. He hands it to me and quietly leaves. I peer inside out of curiosity. The smell of a burger hits my nose and my stomach growls in hunger. My mother laughs.

"Eat up. I'll be right back." She gets up and walks out the door. I devour the two burgers and fries, savoring the drink last. I burp loudly. "Excuse me," I say to no one in particular. Maybe in case my dad can hear me.

The door opens again and Andrew Rodriguez walks in. He smiles at me and sits on the chair beside my dad's bed. "He's gonna make it. I know it. He's tougher than he looks."