Day - 8

Trev: how did it go?

Jake: I hate you. Way to ditch me.

Trev: I panicked.

Trev: did she say anything?

Jake: anytime now, I'll have an intervention.

Trev: cousins left?

Jake: yes

Trev: I'm coming over.

I sat up and typed fast.

Jake: no, you'd only remind them.

Trev: too late.

I could hear voices in the lawn. My movements became jittery as I tried to put the phone down and pick a magazine up.

Soon three heads popped into the living room.

I stood up like a convict.

Trev gave a big, blinding smile and came to stand by my side.

I almost rolled my eyes. Where was he when mom scolded me?

Dad glared at me, sitting down. "Is this true?"

I slumped down on the opposite couch. Trev instead of taking the closest seat walked over and sat with mom.

Traitor.

"Jake?" Dad growled, irritated by my silence.

"If you mean the kiss, yes, it is." I said, hanging my head down. The questioning was a formality. Either of two things would happen. They would yell and lecture and make me apologize to Trev and be done with this. Or, yell, lecture, force an apology and vacate Trev from my house. I was okay with that. Trev could go live with his friends and have non-adult kisses and be young and innocent. Nothing was worth the guilt coursing through me from yesterday.

"How long has this been going on for?" Mom asked.

"Seven days." I informed in a subdued voice. How was it possible for me to get lost in a fucking week? Because I was lost. I didn't know this person who had to force his gaze from straying to Trev.

"Really?" Dad sounded surprised.

Mom sighed, "I was worried. Don't do this again, alright?"

I looked up startled. That's it?

"Ty..." Dad groaned, "do you seriously think there was just kissing involved?"

"What do you mean?" Mom turned to Trev and for the first time in the last seven days, he blushed.

He fucking blushed like a sheltered young maiden from those Victorian era movies. I almost had a heart attack.

"Oh, no!" Mom gasped fingers closing over her mouth.

"Nothing happened!" I said urgently, shooting a glare at Trev.

"Don't glare at him!" Dad thundered.

"Did he seduce you?" He asked Trev.

"NO!!" I cried.

Dad shot me another look and turned to Trev, "you know, you can be honest with us. Don't worry about Jake. Tell the truth. Did he seduce you?"

Trev's gaze flitted across the room and landed on me. He gave a tentative, barely there smile and tucked his head down. "Yes." He whispered.

I had my first heart attack.

"I.. I..." I couldn't finish my sentence, my whole body was in shock. What kind of fraud was this? When the fuck I seduced him? I stared at Trev, clueless.