𝖯𝖱𝖮𝖫𝖮𝖦𝖴𝖤

SEVERAL MONTHS BEFORE BELLA ARRIVED

The sounds of the forest surrounded her as she sat on the moss covered log. With a beanie taming her wild hair, and the large sweater that incased her in warmth she felt at peace.

serenity could sit here forever if she could. Away from the pestering and the shouting matches at home...

Yes, she could stay here, tucked away in the forest behind her grandmother's cabin a place she wasn't even allowed to be at— but as she scribbled song lyrics and drew adorable doodles of her family she couldn't bring herself to care. Her grandmother was doing grandmotherly things for once.
For once she wasn't saying ominous things and secretly placing crystals in serenitys bookbag. She wasn't burning incense, and whispering things under her breath and for once she didn't look like she was on the brink of crying everytime their visit came to an end.

No, Vianna Willow for the first time since Serenity's mother went missing was calm, and Serenity was too relieved to care about what brought on this sudden change of mood.

as the sound of footsteps slowing down from a jog and into a walk stopped behind her serenity would know that this would be the thing, this person would be the thing that would change her life and maybe when asked later, you can ask whether it was worth it or not. Whether the pain would be worth the laughs because as serenity stared into those bright golden eyes she would say 'no'. She would say 'hell no', if you rewound time and told her of all the thing that would occur she would laugh and call you crazy, but future serenity would miss the days it would be so easy to just say no.

copper hair and a wristband with a family Crest on it, he tilted his head at the girl "You come here often?" His voice was soft and serenity found herself indulging the weird man in the woods. "Do you ask every stranger you meet in the woods that?" She fired back, closing the leather bound book and sitting it in her lap.

"Yeah, I usually start off with the weather" he told her, sitting down on a large rock just across from her, "the weather? In this town it's not much of a conversation." He seemed familiar to her, like that random face you dream about but have no recollection of ever meeting said person. Just a wondering face in the small town.

"So gloom..." he trailed off, his eyes sweeping across her face. Serenity guessed he was trying to read her, she did it often watching people closely to see their emotions— it was a great way to see if you were upsetting anyone. "So cloudy and wet." She finished for him, and he gave a shrug " But its home, right?" He asked, his lips quirking up into a small smile "right." She returned the gesture. Tucking the loose pencil behind her ear she reaches her hand out to him "Serenity." She introduced, and he gave a chuckle as he sat up and shook her hand. Unbeknownst to Serenity her name was the definition of the aura she put out, just calm and peaceful and it was how he found her.

"Edward." He introduced himself, cool hand enveloped one much warmer than his own. The lack of reaction on Serenity's part made him wonder if she felt it or not and if she did he was grateful for her lack of comment.