4. Fact or Fantasy?

Date: Oct. 4th.
Prompt: Roman
Ship: Prinxiety, mentioned Loceit

Trigger warning: Blood, Murder, Main Character Death, Suicide, Betrayal

"Run!" Janus cried out as he dragged his brother through the alleys, in pure desperation. "D-Don't stop now, Patton we have to hurry!"

"But Jan... I can't... breathe." Janus froze looking around praying for somewhere to hide. He had to protect his brother. He HAD to... 

"Come out, come out, where ever you are, sweet pet." Janus panicked and shoved Patton over to this empty trash bin with eyes filled with terror. 

"Jan..."

"Get in and stay quiet!" Patton nodded as he forced himself up and over closing the lid as much as he could, which left only a crack for him to see out of. "No matter what you see or hear. Do NOT make a sound or move." Patton was frozen solid under the weight of Janus's tone. "I mean it... PROMISE ME!" Patton nodded making Janus smiled as he stumbled back a tad. "I love you, Pat."

"Is that my darling, serpent, I hear?" Janus tensed before shooting Patton one last look and running off. "WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU'RE GOING?!" A man suddenly appeared in front of him and Janus had to struggle not to fall to his knees just in fear. It was even worse because of the immense aura the man gave off. It made you want to submit... to obey... "I asked a question, Snake."

"Why are you doing this?" Janus clenched his fists as he took a shaky step back. Protect Patton... Don't let him get Patton... fight him and protect your brother. The man smirked as his red eyes began to glow. "Please... I thought we were friends."

"We were." Janus screamed out as he was lifted into the air why an unknown force, his arms outstretched like a t-pose. "We were, Janus. We were all friends."

"T-then w-why are you doing this?!" The man smirked as he held his hand out. Janus watched in horror as flames burst above his hands, a bright golden flame that lit up the man's red sash in a stark difference to the black of his outfit. "Please... don't."

"Sorry Janus, but I can't have you talking about what you've seen, now can I?" Janus couldn't help but cry as the man slowly moved closer hovering in the air to be at eye level with him. "I am sorry... I just don't have a choice."

"ROMAN STOP!" 

"What happened next?" Roman looked over at Virgil who was sitting there with this look of concern as Roman shook.

"It's just a dream, Virgil..." Virgil took Roman's hand and offered the scared man a soft smile trying to edge him on. "Ok... I think... I think it was..."

"ROMAN STOP!" Roman's eyes went wide as he looked over to see Patton scrambling out of the dumpster. Janus cried out for his brother to run but Patton just stood there with pleading eyes. "Don't do this. I know you don't want to do this. Please, Roman."

"You were there... the whole time?" Patton nodded which only made Janus scream out in protest. Roman frowned looking back over at the snake in his trap and he could see how broken Janus was. "Patton? I'm sorry." Roman threw out his hand igniting Janus ablaze as he looked away, refusing to meet the eyes of the man burning alive. Patton fell to his knees broken and wracked with tears, unresponsive, as he stared at the now charred remains of his brother.

"You burned him alive?" Roman wanted to cry as Virgil's voice shook. His grip on Roman's hand tightened as he noticed Roman shy away. 

"I-It was just a dream. I can't help what I dream, Virgil." Roman hugged himself tightly as he buried his head into himself and cried.