Robin {Jason} x Reader

Start from the beginning

"(Y/N) We know-"

"Fuck this! You don't believe me do you?"

"We believe you thought you saw Jason." Dick slowly began, but you didn't care, you've heard it all before.

You knew what was coming; they thought you weren't fit for the team, or at least mentally fit anyway.

You walked away instead with the shred of dignity you had left, not bothering to shed a tear, you had lost too many of those on Jason.

__

It was reckless. Definitely stupid. And something Batman or any other leaguer would never approve of.

You were sneaking around in the league of Shadow's base. Glad that they had turned to the light and left Ra's, because lord knows you can't take a five hundred assassins on your own.

You had put your costume on stealth mode; had it made any different? You weren't so sure. You snuck around corner to corner, Jason has to be in one of these rooms right?

You stopped in front of one, hearing grunting from outside the paper thin doors. You slowly, slid the door open, and low and behold there he was. Escrima sticks in hand and practicing on a wooden body. A genuine smile appeared on your lips; it was him.

He had turned around and you couldn't contain you're excitement. He had evidently aged, but he still has the same look of determination in his eyes.

Jason, since the incident on Infinity island, had his memory returned in snippets. He remembered Dick, who he was sure he had seen on fighting with him on the island, and the team behind him, most of whom he didn't recognise. But if there was one person he was sure he saw, it was you.

He wasn't sure what he was waiting for. The most important bits of his memory had returned, so he had no reason to stay. He drew in a harsh breath before attacking the wooden body again, remembering the memory of his death.

A creak echoed as the door to his room was opened, Jason waited, expecting to hear the voice of Ra's or one of his servants. But instead, he saw you.

This time you weren't in the costume you  had before, but he still knew it was you.

"Jason?" You slowly approached, as if he was a wild cat, not knowing how he would react to this sudden invasion of privacy and security.

Jason shoulder's slouched, his chest constricting when he saw how much you'd changed, no longer were you that bossy 13 year old he could tease. You hair was longer, your face had become more toned - no longer did you have those chubby cheeks - and your costume revealed the effects of puberty.

He stared at your costume critically, it was different. He wasn't so sure he liked it. He didn't like change. He arched an eyebrow, wondering if the other's had changed too. If his "death" had left a bigger impact than he'd thought.

"(Y/N)?" he smiled through clenched. Was it too pessimistic to believe that no one would come for him?

"We have to go." You demanded, and Jason couldn't agree more. He found his purpose to leave the island. You.

The two of you left the island, sneaking out through a secret passage Jason had found during his first days here.

"How did you even get here? There are no Zeta beams?"You gave him smirk, placing your fingers on your lips as you led him to the outskirts of the island.