Random Headcanons About The Batfamily And Their Lives

ª When Dick is standing idle, listening to a debriefing, or just standing anywhere, he rocks back and forth on his heels.

ª Jason taps his fingers against his leg or a surface in a steady motion like the sound of a clock counting down.

ª When Tim is doing something that preoccupies most of his focus, i.e. a case, he taps all his fingers against his thumb, starting with his pointer. Once he hits his pinky, he goes back up.

ª If Damian is angry, but can't openly show it, he folds his hands and intertwines his fingers together, resting his thumbs against his lips; it was something he picked up from his grandfather in the earlier years.

ª Before Bruce goes out on patrol, he looks over the last family picture he took with the boys and makes the same solemn oath to come home safe when the night ends.

ª When the boys are in the cave, before Bruce allows them to leave for patrol, he always taps them on the forehead. It's his way of telling them he loves them and asking them to be careful.

ª They'd never admit it openly, but it always makes them happy when he does.

ª Every year on the anniversary of his parent's death, Bruce sits beside their graves with a photo album and shows them all the photos him and the boys have taken over the years.

ª His absolute favorite to explain is the one they took Christmas morning when they all went out and built a snow family. It ended with the boys dogpiling Bruce into the snow.

ª When the Grayson's anniversary comes, Dick travels to an amusement park and spends the whole day there. Each year is a new park, and he's even gotten Tim and Damian to come along with him. On the rare days, even Jason goes.

ª It reminds Dick, that even if he suffered one of the greatest tragedies, he gained the world in the years after.

ª Jason doesn't talk much about the day he died; none of them do. But one year, he ran into Bruce at the cemetery and the two of them shared a quiet moment of solace.

ª Later, Bruce and Jason went to a diner and ate dinner, talking, laughing, and reminiscing over the years.

ª It doesn't erase the past, but every year it gets just a fraction easier.

ª Tim never openly talks about his parents' deaths. On their anniversaries, he places a bouquet of his mother's favorite flowers at their graves and talks to them; he tells them everything he can, starting with Bruce and his brothers, and making his way to Conner and Bart and the Teen Titans.

ª The others are always waiting outside the cemetery for him; they smile and go somewhere for lunch to ease it.

ª Every year on the day of his death, Damian starts his morning by watching the sunrise. No one knew he did it until Bruce walked past the window and saw him out on the deck. He walked out and sat beside Damian, the two of them silent. After a few years, Bruce finally asked why he did it. Damian simply looked at the red sun and murmured, "I am reminded every day that I once died." He would pause and look at Bruce, continuing, "But sitting here and watching the sun rise proves that I am still alive...and that there are new beginnings for us all."

ª Every year there is a mandatory picture day where the boys are required to wear their best suits and take pictures.

ª No one knows the exact reason for it, but Bruce always replaces the family photo in his wallet with the new one taken.

ª Each brother takes a copy and they sit on the nightstands beside their beds.

ª Not that Jason would ever tell anyone they do this, but he and Bruce read the same book and fill out sticky notes explaining their favorite parts for the other to reread. So far, they've gone through fifteen packs of sticky notes and two packs of ink pens. One year, Jason filled out a book and left the last sticky note in the back saying, "Happy Father's Day Old Man. I think you'll like this one."

ª Bruce attends every ceremony any of the boys had or have. He's usually in the front row grinning like an idiot.

ª Damian had severe anger issues when he arrived, and Bruce made him take some type of music lesson to help them. Not that Talia hadn't already taught him. Damian decided to relearn the violin. The family hasn't missed a single performance yet.

ª Once a year, Bruce allows his sons to invite ALL their friends over for a giant overnight party. Pizza, candy, and junk-food galore. It is pure chaos as Bruce sees two Kryptonians, two Speedsters, two Atlanteans, two Amazons, one Tamaranean, one cambion, one shapeshifter, one half-man/half-robot, one archer, and one Green Lantern show up at his manor.

ª Let's just say that Dick, Wally, Roy, and Garth are the reason that the party only happens once a year.

ª The incident is no longer allowed to be mentioned in the manor.

ª But it involved two mattresses, a giant pile of pillows, six broken bones, and a shattered chandelier.

ª No one knows exactly how the chandelier was broken.

ª It was Dick's fault.