Chapter 9 : Hidden feelings

Start from the beginning

"You know... she still loves you. She's just not sure what to do about it," Jisoo said softly.

I couldn't control the smile that was forming on my lips, 'She still loves you'. But shortly after, my heart started to break all over again, knowing I might not be able to fix us.

"Chaeyoung, Jisoo and I know what really happened. We-," she was cut off by the sound of the sliding door creaking as Lisa walks back into the room.

We continued chatting about our comeback schedule, Lisa's tour dates and how far we've come since we all first met. The room filled with chatter, laughter and memories.

Before we knew it, it was getting closer to midnight. "Whoop, it's getting a little late. We should head home Jen," I announced.

"No! The night is still young, let's have fun!," Jisoo exclaimed, jumping onto her feet.

Jennie's POV

I saw Chaeyoung yawn a couple times in the past 10 minutes. Pretty sure she's gonna want to turn in for the night soon. I shot Chu a look and she gave me a thumbs up. I giggled as I walked towards the fridge, we're so in sync.

"Lisa!," I mouthed her name while tapping on her shoulder. She was squatting down near the pantry looking for seaweed sprinkles. She raised her brows. "Cake," I motioned a cake " in the fridge," pointing towards the fridge. Pointing at her and hoping she'd understand my "sign" language. I couldn't take the cake out or it'll be too obvious that Chu is stalling Chaeyoung.

I watched Lisa's eyes as she gave me a confused look and before she could protest, I hurriedly walked away.

I mean it's no secret that Lisa and Rosie still have feelings for each other, they're both just oblivious when it comes to the other. So, Jichu and I have a plan to get them back together.

Subconsciously my hand rose up to cover my mouth and I giggled slowly. "Care to share what's got you giggling?," Rosie smirked. "Oh it's nothing, I was just thinking about Jichu," I teased. I could see her blushing while I skipped towards her and planting a kiss on her cheek.

"It's nice to finally hang out together, thanks for cooking tonight eonnies," Rosie said with a big smile on her face.

As she finished her sentence, Lisa pushes through the doors with a cake in her hands. Good job Manoban. We can now team up in charades for game night.

Lisa's POV

Jennie wanted me to bring the cake in for Chae at midnight. Why do I feel so conflicted? Damn you Jennie, I was going for the non-chalant angle.

I let out a sigh and took in a deep breath. It's 1 minute to midnight. Just do it Lisa. You know you want to. Put aside your ego for an hour, it's  the girl's birthday for god sakes.

I did a quick power stance and grabbed my lighter, making sure all the candles were lit, I grabbed the cake in my hands and very carefully walk towards the door.