Chapter 6

Why can't you look at me like how you look at her?

Why can't you treat me like how you treat her?

How can you hold her hand so gently with that strong hands of yours?

How does it feel to be embraced by your arm?

How would it feel to see that love-struck face of yours at a close distance?

--

"Why did you like Jimin anyways?" a voice asked, and I looked at the boy who just took his seat beside me at the bench, before looking back at Jimin who was currently being all lovey dovey with his girlfriend in the middle of the school field.

"Who knows?" I sighed heavily, plopping my head on his shoulder without any romantic feeling between us.

"If I wasn't so gay for Yoongi hyung, I would've date you instead of that bitchy girl," he brushed my bang softly and tucked it behind my ears, and I made a disgusted face at his words.

"No thanks, Tae. Just keep your eyes on your boyfriend," sitting up properly, I looked back to the foolish couple who were in their own world, without a single care about their surroundings.

"Jimin is stupid," Taehyung muttered out after both of us said nothing for a few minutes, his eyes also focusing on his friend who was wearing a very stupid smile on his face right now.

"But he's head over heels over the girl," I said just because it was the truth, and Taehyung snickered before repeating his word.

"That's why I said he's an idiot," he clicked his tongue before taking a sip of his orange juice, and I let out a hearty chuckle when he looked so annoyed and fed up at his friend.

"Thanks, I needed someone to bad mouth him with, and you're perfect, Taehyung" thanking the boy for being by my side when I was still on Jimin’s bad side after the incident where I bruised his shin for two weeks, Taehyung just smiled and patted my head softly, careful not to ruin my hair.

"My pleasure. How could he not see you at all? Is he under a spell made by some witch living in a forest somewhere?" he said as he pinched my cheek, and I rolled my eyes when he started pulling my cheek towards him with an excited boxy grin on his face.

"I don't know, and I don't care anymore," swatting his hand away from my face, I huffed out my breath, crossing my arms in front if my chest.

"Keep lying, girl. Your eyes never left that idiot," he spoke out the truth, and I didn't even feel like denying his statement.

"Ugh, I know right?! I can't help but wonder how would it be to be in that girl's place. Fuck my life," I talked in dreaded tone, frustrated that Taehyung was right.

Frustrated with myself.

My eyes never left them.

Even how hurt I felt when I saw Jimin stealing kisses from his girlfriend, I didn't look away.

I hate myself for not being able to look away.

Forcing my eyes to shut, I plopped down my head on Taehyung's lap, and the boy said nothing while continued letting me rest my head there.

"Sleep. Sleep make everything better when you wake up," Taehyung brushed my hair softly with his long fingers, and although I appreciated his action, I felt the need to argue with his word.

"I'm not Yoongi," I protested, earning me another pinch on my cheek.

"Just sleep while I'm being nice here, young lady" I peeked open one of my eyes to look at the boy, and I saw his eyes squinting at me making me laugh, before closing my eyes back.

"Thanks, Tae" breathing out slowly feeling the sleep coming, I smiled when I felt Taehyung covering my leg with his jacket.

"You're welcome, sweetie. Have a nice dream," he talked with his soothing voice, lulling me deeper into slumber.

"Pray that I won't dream of him," mumbling the words, only half awake by now, I felt my tensed shoulder loosened up as my consciousness drifting away.

"You'll dream of lots and lots of mint choc ice cream," I heard Taehyung said, and my thoughts were instantly filled with that dessert, and in no time I fell asleep on his lap.