Chapter 9 - Troubled

"..wait, are you a guesting on the show? when will it air?"

".. they told me August 6.. " James replied sitting down on the table.

"congrats.. im gonna watch that episode.." Seolhyun replied.

"Thanks.." James takes a sip on his cup of coffee. ".. by the way, are you even allowed to be here?"

"What do you mean?" Seolhyun asked.

"What about Zico? Does he know you are here?" James asked.

Seolhyun is about to have a sip of her coffee but she suddenly stops when she heard James' question. Her facial expression suddenly change, she was looking down to her coffee.

"Hey what's wrong?" James notices that Seolhyun's face went gloom.

".. it's actually about him.. our relationship.." Seolhyun can't make eye contact to James.

"oh... is everything okay?" James asks.

"It's not going well.. it's getting hard.. I don't know.." Seolhyun's voice is cracking, tears about fall off her eyes. ".. for the past couple of months everything keeps getting complicated, it's like we are getting more distant to each other.." Seolhyun can't take it anymore, she burst into tears.

James stands up and went around the table, he sits beside Seolhyun and comforts her. Seolhyun hugs James and she cries onto his shoulder.

"..shhh.. it's okay.. let it out.." James hugs her and patting her back.

James stay there hugging Seolhyun until she stops crying. After 15 mins of what seems like forever, Seolhyun finally stops crying.

".. I'm sorry.. y-your shirt is... so w-wet.." Seolhyun said wiping her face.

"oh.. it's okay, I'm going to sell this shirt to your fans anyway, how much do you think it will cost?" James said. Seolhyun pouts and glares at him. ".. I'm kidding, I'm kidding.. come here". James put his arms around her and wipe her eyes.

"Do you still have more tears left in there?" James asked. Seolhyun elbowed James. "..ouch! okay, back to serious.. Okay listen, I think the two of you are in so much pressure.. I mean your relationship is public, everyone knows it and at the same time both of you two are on the peak of each other careers. You both need to deal with expectations you know, expectations from the agency, from the fans... from everyone else around you. Look, it's hard because the two of you have a very busy career, you both worked very hard to reach the place your in right now. The two of you are like a power couple to the eyes of the public, I think maybe unconsciously both of you are trying to maintain be that kind of couple. You know what, you two should sit and talk about this, don't hide it to one another, I'm sure you're not the only who is having a hard time he is too. I can't say that I fully understand your situation you are in right now nor I have much experience, but what I'm trying to say is don't be scared to confront each other. The only people who can fix your relationship is the two of you, talk it over, be open to each other..".

Seolhyun is just listening quietly to James. She realize that everything he is saying is actually makes sense. Seolhyun sits straight and looks at him with a smile on her face.

".. thank you"

James gives her a smile and pats her head. They proceed to finish their coffee and talk about some things. After 15 minutes Seolhyun decides it's time to go home. They go down back to the car.

"Thank you again James.." Seolhyun hugs James, ".. I can always count on you"

"Well what are friends for?.." James said.