C h a p t e r 4-Two wrong feet

Oliver's POV:

I picked out a regular black tux and a regular white dress shirt. I knew it was fancy and I wasn't in the mood to try anything new.

It's been about 3 months after I met Alice and I would be lying if I said that I didn't think about her afterwards. Also my parents haven't brought up the marriage since then but today they did. They said something about always being aware of the people you meet and how that'll be important after I got married. Well whatever that means.

When we arrived at the party my mother and father were quickly greeted. I tried to bring up conversation to show my father that I knew what I was talking about.

Just then the Wyatts family came in. I didn't see Alice with them so I assumed that she didn't come. The party went on and I scrambled around talking to people. I spotted my parents a few feet away so I thought I would join and hopefully have a chance at impressing my father. Before I could finish my journey I pass by her, I did this on purpose you know got to keep things on a down low.

I go back and I feel happy! I don't know why but I do, she looks amazing, it was like everyone at the party was looking at her. I made some small talk to her, but before I could build up the conversation I was pulled way from Alice. I was met face to face with a grinning Bentley. He started talking about Alice.

"She decides to show her face after all these years, what an attention seeker!" Bentley said.
She was out of the public eye for a little while, and I didn't really care since it's her life and she can do whatever she wants.

"I can't believe you went on a date with her!" This got me totally off guard since it was so out of nowhere. I mean how did he know and why did he care? This was making me angry and I wanted to stop talking to him so I just replied something that was along the lines of you don't know what you're talking about. Thankfully someone pulled me aside saying my mother was looking for me.

When I reached them I saw Alice and couldn't help but smile. I tried to explain to her about Bentley but before I could finish we were pushed on to the dance floor to...well dance.

I am not a good dancer at all so I was just trying to keep my feet away from hers.

I tried to talk to her but the music just made it hard to say anything. So I thought of bringing her outside, so it would be quieter.

While at the party I was thinking about how she might have been feeling about the marriage and I came to the conclusion that she was probably unhappy with it she had a life before all this and I would be ruining it.

My plan was to make a deal. Me and her date for a while and look happy but then we'll throw off the wedding because of one small misunderstanding. This will make people think that we aren't going to be good for each other.

I told her my plan and she just said back a quiet yes to me.

Word count: 573
So a short one sorry for this but you guys know why.