Chapter Fourteen

Jasper was very worried. He didn't know what Tabitha was doing. He didn't know where she had gone. He knew she was scared or at least shocked. Her emotions were all over the place before she left. His emotions were all over the place as well, though he kept a stone face to mask how he was feeling from everyone else. With how stressed he was, if he had the ability to cry, he more than likely would be crying right now.

       Alice couldn't see where she was, which made her wonder if Tabitha had been with Alec. Now that Alice knew about Alec, she could see him in her visions but with him being in and out of consciousness, she couldn't see anything that happened to Tabitha when she was around Alec, nor could she see Alec's future unless he was awake. This confused her but she had to deal with it, even if she wanted answers and couldn't get them.

      Tabitha sat outside the hospital for a while, before she grew enough courage to go inside and go back to her son's room. She felt awful for even contemplating not going back in there, knowing she had left Alec in the hospital with another vampire. She hated herself for leaving him in there with someone who could potentially be a monster. She made her way to his room, slowly walking in and seeing Rosalie smiling down at her son. Rosalie almost seemed sad while looking at Alec, which confused Tabitha a bit. As if the moment never happened though, Rosalie quickly looked up at Tabitha with a blank face. Tabitha walked into the room and sat down, Rosalie slowly joining her.

"So, I know you know our secret now. I'm telling you this as a fair warning. I care for my brother and if you break his heart after he told you his secret, I will make you regret it." Rosalie stated, causing Tabitha to sigh.

"I-I don't know what to feel about the secret. Honestly, I feel a bit overwhelmed and surprised." Tabitha said, as Rosalie frowned.

"You shouldn't feel too overwhelmed, you're safe around us. You've been around us this whole time and nothing has happened." Rosalie commented, causing Tabitha to sigh.

"I was a bit too overwhelmed when the secret was said to me and I left as quick as I could. I-I was wondering if you could answer questions for me. It might make me feel more calm about everything." Tabitha wondered, as Rosalie bit her lip.

"Yes, I'll answer your questions but I want you to go and see the family once we're done." Rosalie stated, causing Tabitha to nod slowly.

"Why can't you guys go in the sun? Do you burn like Dracula?" Tabitha asked, as Rosalie shook her head.

"No, that's a myth. We can't go out in the sun because our skin is like diamonds, one of the reasons we're so cold and so pale, and when we go out in the sun our skin sparkles." Rosalie explained, as Tabitha studied Rosalie's skin.

"Your eyes? You all have the same eyes, why?" She asked, causing Rosalie to nod before answering.

"Well, as a new born, your eyes are red. Our eyes turned a more hazel-gold color since we only feed off animals. We're vegetarians, but for the others that don't feed off animals, their eyes stay red." Rosalie explained, as Tabitha bit her lip.

"Is it hard?" She asked, confusing Rosalie.

"What?" Rosalie asked, unsure of what Tabitha had been asking.

"Being around people. Is it hard to not give in to your urges?" Tabitha asked, surprising Rosalie.

"Yes, but after all the years of being around them it has gotten easier. Jasper is the newest at it, making it harder for him to be around humans. You can tell especially in school, he seems stiff and quiet." Rosalie explained, making Tabitha look at her son.

"I'm sorry for having Jasper come to the hospital. If I would've known before, I wouldn't have let him come to the hospital with Alice." Tabitha said, causing Rosalie to shake her head quickly.

"That was all his idea and honestly, I doubt he'd take no for an answer. Don't tell him I told you but he has feelings for you. If you were any other girl, I'd never let it happen, since they'd just be thrown away when he found his mate." Rosalie began, before closing her eyes and realizing what she said.

"Mate?" Tabitha asked, causing Rosalie to nod slowly.

"Yes, vampires have mates. Though you both aren't together, I have this feeling. I know I sound crazy, since you both haven't even had many times to talk together alone but I believe you may be his mate. I really do, which is why I knew he'd not want to hurt you. He'd hate himself if he hurt you or Alec. He feels protective over you both, even if you haven't realized it yet. Just- don't tell him I told you any of this, though I want you to pay attention to the way he acts next time you see him." Rosalie said, causing Tabitha to sigh and nod.

     Tabitha honestly didn't know how to feel. Every bit of her mind and heart was telling her to believe Rosalie but she was scared. She hadn't been in a relationship since she had Alec and she really didn't plan on having another relationship again after that either. Now her mind was racing with everything Rosalie had said to her.

      Rosalie didn't feel bad for telling Tabitha, honestly she wanted to see if Tabitha was going to run away from everything or not. She had to see what was going to happen, before her brother had his heart broken. Though she didn't want Tabitha to leave, since she almost felt a connection to Tabitha and Alec. She knew she wasn't the important one in this situation, it was the three others. She just wanted what was best for her brother, even if she wasn't happy with it...

××××××××××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter. So, I had writer's block for a bit, not sure how to write this chapter but then I figured it out and was able to write it out how I wanted it to work.

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood Xxx