Chapter Thirty: Level 2

Piero Dean

"I can't believe we're fighting and killing real dark mages!" Hindi makapaniwalang sabi ni Andrius na syang kasama ko ngayom sa ikalawang level ng laro. Obviously this level would be in pairs, and I was fortunately paired to Andrius. He may be talkative most of the times, but he will come in handy on this kind of situation because of his cloning ability.

Two is better than one but I still belive on the saying that the more the merrier. Mas mapapadali kung mas madami kami. It was not that hard to figure out na nakabase sa kung gaano namin kabilis matapos ang isang challenge nakabase ang scores namin. The earlier you accomplish it, the higher the score you get.

Going back to what he said, I too, can't seem to digest the fact that we are facing real dark mages rather than illusions.

I swear to all the gods! They were real!

Illusions might seem to be so close to reality but there are still blind spots, and I was able to know the difference between both because of the blood that came from the body of the dark mage that I've killed.

Blood on illusions might felt like the real one, but they never, as in never smelled like one.

And that scum's blood surely smelled like real blood.

I darted my gaze on my wrist where the indicators were to be seen.

Level 2
29
01:30:00

"It's starting." Mahina at seryosong sabi ko making Andrius shut his mouth and prepare himself for any upcoming and sudden attack around us.

My forehead creased when I noticed the small pebbles of rock on the ground bounce and shake meaning that someone or something huge was resurfacing to come and get us.

"Oh gods this would be huge!" Andrius muttered under his breath as he stare at the same ground where I am staring at.

Moments after he said that, something started to slowly resurface from the pool of water in front of us. Galing ang tubig sa talon na nasa harap namin and god knows how deep it is knowing that this creature in front of us has managed to hid itself on the depths of it.

"Bloody hell."

Yes indeed, bloody hell.

Because in front of us is a really huge serpent.

And I hate serpents.

"I hate snakes." My head immidiately turned to Andrius the moment I heard him said those words.

We both hate snakes. We both are afraid of it.

I finally get the logic.

This game is about eliminating our fears. This game is fucking generated from our fears and there's no way for us to escape this.

At kung tama man ang theory na naisip ko, if every challenge is really based on our fears,

Gods help me but I think I would be failing this if I ever face my greatest fear.