spoons

you sat on a bar stool in the spoons on tower hill. your girls had walked away from you, having been invited to dance with a group of men. they all kissed you goodbye but made no promises to return.
your legs were crossed, you stirred your drink with the straw and payed zero attention to anything happening in the pub. the only thing causing your eyes to flicker up from the floor was a rowdy group of geordie boys at the other end of the bar. you smiled at their clear enjoyment, all of them flashing huge smiles back, but returned to your own wallowing soon after.

"hiya."

a man spoke beside you. you recognised him to be geordie - one of the boys you smiled at.

"hi."

you shyly replied. you didn't want to look up fully and commit to his eye contact. despite your thoughts of keeping your eyeline anywhere but this man, a finger was seductively placed under your chin. at the slightest effort to get you to look up, you submitted to it and matched his eye contact.

"there you are.. wow."

the blonde, blue-eyed geordie seemed a little shocked after seeing you fully. you let out a breathy giggle but remained looking at him.

"i-i'm sam."

"(y/n), my pleasure"

"no, this is definitely mine."

sam took a seat beside you, the bartender scrambling over to take his order. as he did so, you looked over sam's shoulder to catch all his friends celebrating his success. as soon as they saw you, they pretended as if they didn't even notice sam's absence. you laughed to yourself again, hoping you'd be swept up with this crowd.