▫️ Fourteen

Between Quidditch practice, her classes and her tutoring with Teddy, Rose hardly had time to spare. It was February by now, and at this point, she truly came to realise what having NEWTs meant. She hardly had any free time and she hardly ever had the chance to wake up at whatever hour she wished. So, whenever she could, she tried to sleep as much as possible. This morning, though, she was unfortunate.

"Rose."

She groaned slightly at the voice as she felt someone shaking her. Soon later, a small laugh was heard but she still didn't budge.

"Rose, come on."

"I want to sleep," she grumbled as she turned on her other side only for the person to shake her harder than before.

"Rosie, wake up!"

"What do you want from me?" she groaned as she opened her eyes to see Beatrice standing above her with a wide smile.

"We've a Hogsmeade trip today, don't tell me you forgot."

Rose had indeed forgotten they had a Hogsmeade trip today. She definitely remembered something else, though, something Beatrice had apparently forgotten.

"Do I have to leave my bed?"

"Yes! Come on, get dressed. Brenda and Angela are already in the Great Hall having breakfast and I'll join them. We'll leave as soon as possible to go to the Three Broomsticks to find a table."

Rose slowly stood up as she rubbed her eyes. "Can't you wait until I'm finished with my breakfast so we can go together?"

"No, we won't find a table," she shook her head with an apologetic smile as she walked away. "Get dressed, Rosie, we'll see you in the Three Broomsticks!"

She left the dormitory and Rose was left alone. She blinked, slightly confused as she watched the door for a while before looking away. Beatrice always remembered things like that. Maybe it was just because of the NEWTs.

She left her bed and started undressing herself. It was cold as she stood in her undergarments and she quickly put on a black shirt before putting on a pair of black leggins and then put on a yellow sweater on top. She put on her black boots she always wore during the winter and then, with a small sigh, turned to her hair in the mirror and grabbed her wand. A while later, the wild dark curls were tamed a bit but not much. Still, she was satisfied. She grabbed her black coat from the back of a chair and made her way to her common room. She had hardly descended the staircase when she heard her name being called.

"Rose!" She looked up, a smile forming on her lips as she spotted Timmy running towards her. She braced herself as he slowed down slightly and wrapped his arms around her in an incredibly tight hug before pulling away with a grin. "Happy birthday!"

"You remembered," her smile widened as she reached up and ruffled his hair. "Thank you, Timmy."

"You're welcome."

With a last extremely wide smile at her, he rushed off to his friends once more and let her head to the Great Hall. There was a small spring in her step as she got down the stairs and reached the Great Hall a while later. Her excitement from Timmy remembering her birthday though was soon extinguished as she scanned the Gryffindor table only to realise her friends were gone already. She masked her disappointment as she headed to their regular seats and helped herself to a cup of tea after grabbing a biscuit. She had taken just one bite when she felt someone sliding in the bench beside her and she noticed two people sitting down opposite her.

Her eyes widened as she glanced at Teddy and Bill before turning to Thomas sitting beside her. She swallowed her biscuit as she looked at them. "Did something happen?"