Chapter Three: Morning

When my eyes opened in the morning, I was a bit sluggish. My mind was hazy with sleep, but I swing my legs out of bed and cross the room to my door. I open it, shuffling down the hallway. I make a beeline for the kitchen, on a hunt for coffee. I enter the industrial room, and I yank open cabinets till I find the one where the Maxwell Coffee container rested. I scoop a monsterous amount of the black powder into a filter, and press the button on the machine. I grab a black mug out of the neighboring cabinet and pull the sugar down as well. I measure out three tablespoons of white sugar, eyeing it at the bottom of the black mug as though trying to make sure it was enough. I stumble to the fridge, and as I pull it open, I hear a thud, and a groan. I pull the door back towards me with furrowed brows, and I peer at who had been behind the fridge.

My eyes widen as I spy the blonde Cajun holding his nose and forehead. I blush and ask if he's alright but he just chuckles and nods. "Sugar I'm alright. Just got caught off guard."

"Sorry I'm just more asleep than awake till I have my coffee in the morning." I flush and grab the french vanilla creamer from inside the fridge.

Benny moves to find a cup from the cabinets, opening his cooler again. He pulls open the cap on the bag and empties it into the glass. He sips on it, and I watch as he drinks.

"You don't come off as a vampire Benny. You act more human than vampire." I say. I pause before adding. "I don't mean any harm by that Benny. I'm sorry."

He shrugs. "I take no offense darlin'. I admit I can be strange."

"Has Dean seen your fangs, when you were in Purgatory?" I ask.

He grunts. "Yeah, I believe he did. Quite a few times. Took him a while to trust me, and I him." His blue eyes spoke volumes of how he felt inside. "Of course, take away the fangs and the fun, and I was born human too."

"Yeah. I guess we don't think about that too much." I sigh. "You know, up until about a year ago, I'd have probably gone after you on the spot if Dean had brought you home. But, after seeing another side to the "monsters" in this world, I realized that some still tried to live as humans the best they could."

"That's what I'm trying to do sugar." He smiles. "One day at a time. I made Dean a promise to keep straight."

I nod, nose starting to catch the smell of fresh coffee and I turn to fill my cup up, watching the sugar begin to dissolve. I top the mug off with french vanilla and by then, Dean was shuffling in. I hand him my mug and retrieve another, not bothering to deal with an irritated Winchester. I spoon more sugar into the new cup and make equal amounts of coffee and creamer before tasting it.

"So, what do we have planned for today Dean?" I ask.

He lifts a finger in the air to silence me as he sips and then he speaks. "Chores, errands, rest. I've been fighting to stay alive and just want to try and relax." He took another sip. "Good coffee Rose." He gives me a thumbs up as he plants his mouth to the cup again and he walks out, wrapped in his black silk robe and slippers.

"So your name's Rose?"

I stir at the question, turning red again. "Oh I never introduced myself. How rude. Yeah, my name's Rose. It's short for Rosaline, but I don't mind."

"Rosaline." He breathes, my name rolling off his tongue in his accent which made me shiver and my chest to bud again which made me turn away from the man again. Curse him and his voice. Why did a vampire have to be so charming? "My name's Benjamin, but everyone calls me Benny like you've heard. My name's Benjamin William Lafitte."

"Rosaline Marie Monroane." I recite. "It's a mouthful for sure."

"But it's a beautiful name. A strong name." He says, smiling.

Sam stumbles in, dressed in a long sleeve grey sweatshirt, and thick dark smokey sweatpants. His long hair was sticking up all over his head and he ran into a few things before he managed to grab himself a mug and pour himself black coffee. "I guess that's my cue to cook breakfast."

"I'll cook. I owe Sam a bit of good intention." Benny says, stilling my hand with his own as I reach for the fridge. The warmth of his flesh on mine was a shock and a jolt races from where his fingers curl over mine and up my arm. He jerks his hand off of mine and flushes. "My apologies darlin'."

"It's okay. And are you sure?" I ask.

His baby blue eyes sparkle and he smiles at me. "Of course darlin'. I may not have to eat regular food, but I was an excellent cook when I was human." He chuckles.

I shrug. "Okay. Thank you."

I lean forward and give him a kiss on his cheek as thanks and he looks at me with a flicker of surprise in his eyes. I pick up my cup from the counter and walk out of the kitchen, leaving the blonde man to make wonders for breakfast.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The smell of bacon wafts towards the library table as Benny carries plates on his arms to where the three of us sat. He had at least six plates on his arms, and I jump up to help him lay them on the table. He has what looks like large sliced sausages, sauteéd onions with minced garlic. He has stewed tomatoes, scrambled eggs, bacon, and sliced cheese that looked like it had come from one of our blocks. He excused himself and came back with two tall containers, one filled with milk, and the other with iced water. He offers more coffee but when we decline he places plates before us.

Dean's eyes have been blown wide, and he takes in the food like a ravaged animal. Sam just looks like he's not sure what to do with all of the food, but I smile at Benny, and we all dig in.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Oct 09, 2019 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Once Bitten Twice Smittenजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें