Chapter 14: We're the Same

Luigi woke up very drowsy and with a slight sore throat. "It's hard to swallow maybe I should go back to bed". As he laid back down he quickly remembers that he needed to check something. (That's right). He got up and headed towards the living room. He noticed Mario wasn't home which was good. He then turned his attention to Bowser who was asleep on the couch. (He looks so peaceful when he is asleep). Bowser started to wake up and growl. Luigi backed up as he sat up and yawned. Luigi walked into the kitchen and grabbed a water bottle from the fridge and came back to him. "Here, you might still have a slight hangover". Bowser took the bottle and chugged the whole thing down. "I have to pee", he grumbled. "Bathrooms over there". He got up and walked to the bathroom stumbling a bit. Luigi looked at the poor couch that a few holes in it from Bowser's shell. (I should've told him to take it off before he slept, nothing a few stitches won't fix). He knew since Mario was rarely home he wouldn't notice it especially if he threw a small blanket on it. He did just that and sat down, the couch was also a tad lower. "He also flattened the cushions a bit too". Bowser walked out the bathroom rubbing his face yawning. He sat down next to Luigi making the couch tilt a bit. "Are you hungry"? Bowser glanced at Luigi and sighed not saying anything. Looking at his face he could tell Bowser must've had a difficult time sleeping. He had dark circles around him and his hair was atrocious he was just overall dead. "I have Regular breakfast food so it shouldn't take that long". Luigi got up and he heard Bowser grumbled. "Thank you". Luigi looked back at Bowser who just sat there flicking the TV on. "No problem".

Luigi cooked a small meal for them and was very proud of it. (it's rare when I get to show off my cooking skills to others). He placed both plates on the table and went to go fetch Bowser. "Breakfast is done". He slowly got up and walked towards the kitchen as his tail dragged on the floor. They took their seats and started to eat. "Is it good", Luigi asked trying to get that bit of praise. Bowser only nodded, not trying to speak with his mouth full. Luigi smiled and continued to eat. Bowser got done before him and sat quietly at the table. It was a real awkward silent, but Luigi knew Bowser was probably not in any mood to talk. Finally, Bowser said something and it surprised him. "Why are you being nice to me"? Luigi swallowed his food and thought for a bit. He sighed, "Well it's sad, but I just had to". Bowser was confused," You don't have to do anything". "Like you said before... I'm really pathetic and last night proved it. All my life I've always been nice, I always wanted to see everyone happy, so I did what I could to make that happen, even if it cost me my own happiness". "That's stupid". "Last night I was afraid of you and I wanted you out of my house, I wanted to throw as many hurtful things at you as possible injure you even. But I couldn't". "This doesn't make sense". "I've been walked over for so long that I just accepted it, Honestly if you stabbed me or even cut me with your claws I'd still forgive you and want to make you happy. Because I'm a sad person. That's why I can't hurt Mario either. I don't want people to be sad Bowser......I don't want to see people end up like me". Luigi was done pouring his heart out and threw the tiny bit of food he had left away. "Do you still love Peach, Bowser". "I don't know, My heart deeply yearns for her". "Why do you love her so much, is it just for revenge". "You don't understand, she's perfect for me, She's delicate, full of grace and beauty. I know it's dumb, she called me a dumb disgusting creature, but my heart just can't. If I'm an ugly disgusting creature that needs to die, then I want to be her disgusting creature". Luigi didn't fully understand Bowser's obsession and why he wants Peach so much. "But why"? Bowser sat quietly, trying to gather his thoughts, but couldn't. Bowser got up and went to go sit back in Luigi's living room while he cleaned up. Luigi wanted help Bowser to forget his obsession before he doesn't eat do anything bad. Luigi walked out and sat next to Bowser watching a movie. "Tell me more about Peach, and what you like". Bowser was surprised by this question, he didn't know where to start. As he started to speak Luigi was starting to see where this obsession might be rooted. "Aaaand she always wears the cutest outfits, I can tell when she picked it out versus her Butler's and her panties". "I think I heard enough". Luigi sighed, "You don't love Peach". Bowser growled," I do love her, I love her more than you will ever know". "It's not that if you love her...but if she loves you". Bowser turned a bit pale," O-of course she loves me, she just doesn't want to admit it". "BOWSER, She doesn't love you back it's obvious, Bowser, You don't love her...you want someone to love you". "She's the only one who'll love me, she does, I...she's the only one that can". Luigi could tell he was spiraling down a bottomless pit. Luigi understood that feeling of wanting to be loved. He wanted his own brother to love him as well. Luigi knows Mario doesn't love him, that brotherly love that they formed years ago was gone. It felt like they were strangers and not brothers. Bowser was mumbling to himself saying that peach does love him, but he started to believe it less and less. Luigi shockingly went in and gave Bowser a hug. "It's ok", Luigi mumbled. Bowser wanted to push Luigi off of him, but he held him back embracing the hug. The backed up a bit and looked at each other in the eyes. Luigi noticed the deep crimson red of his eyes as Bowser noticed the glittering blue of his. They slowly got close again, but this time, into a kiss.